Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

safari performance..

As a multi frequency detector the short answer is yes...it is at home on a salt water beach. Having said that, I'll say there are better machines available in my opinion. I had a Safari and sold it in favor of using my Excalibur II. I also have a CTX 3030 and an EQX 800. Just my opinion, I found that any of the last three I mentioned were better performers than the Safari in terms of processor speed, target ID, overall capability and resistance to water intrusion. Safari is not water proof.

Just the view from my foxhole....

As a multi frequency detector the short answer is yes...it is at home on a salt water beach. Having said that, I'll say there are better machines available in my opinion. I had a Safari and sold it in favor of using my Excalibur II. I also have a CTX 3030 and an EQX 800. Just my opinion, I found that any of the last three I mentioned were better performers than the Safari in terms of processor speed, target ID, overall capability and resistance to water intrusion. Safari is not water proof.

Just the view from my foxhole....
The Safari is a great machine on the beach particularly with one of the really good aftermarket coils that are available.I do however agree with the above post,the three mentioned machines are also great beach detectors with the important feature of being totally waterproof.I don't think you will be disappointed with the Nox.

Hi nauti thanks for info i am in the uk and norfolk beachs are a hard place to search i hope the nox can get the goods for me..

Hi again bud......i'm in the UK too but a bit further south than you.Let us know how you get on with the nox,i'm sure it will find you some great stuff.

Was on the beach one day with my Sovereign GT. Guy told me my sovereign was a good machine but the Safari was the Best machine that Minelab had ever made. Last time i saw him he was swinging a Nox 800. The Safari is a good machine

I've found a lot of gold and silver on the beach with my Safari. The only downside to the machine is it's on the heavy side. After a few hours, you will have an aching shoulder unless you get something like a swingy thingy shoulder harness. I hate having belts and straps on me, especially when it's a hot day at the beach so I just tough it out and when you find that gold ring, you really forget that pain when the excitement kicks in!!!lol