Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari?

For you that have and use these machines on a regular basis, how are they in mineralization? Do they give false signals sometimes? I have never used one, but am thinking about getting one, if they can handle minerals ok. I have used Whites, and Fisher and Teknetic. They were single frequency machines and all the ones I have used will false on minerals. I was thinking with more frequency, should be better. Love to hear from users, thanks.

Hello James i live in Maine so as far as mineralization we have it and i use the Safari regularly and i have very little issue's and if i do very little noise.

I need to ask a question. Is the safari considered a PI detector? Or is it a VLF detector that operates on many different frequencies? This may be stupid question, but i would like to know. I've never owned one, but am seriously considering it. Thanks

Safari is FBS and handles mineralization well.
This should be of interest to you: http://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/equinox-technologies-part-1

Thanks, but i still cannot figure it out. Is the Safari similar to a PI unit, because it uses many different frequency? Or is it still a vlf that just uses more frequency? Would rather find out here instead of calling minelab, thanks

The Safari is not a PI unit PI stands for Pulse induction the Safari uses fbs and it uses only 3 freqencys at a time it chooses these dependong on many factors which one is ground mineralization.