Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Same old clad and then some!

knarfj

Hi all,

I managed to get out again and go over a section of the same 1950/60ish closed/abandoned/deserted school grounds. I've hunted this site quite often and it never lets me down when it comes to at least some finds. I even came up with another of the newer Canadian dimes that are made of nickel, same 1988 date too. As deep as they both where I assume they were some ones test coins. They sure worked well for me as they produced a nice audio response on my F70 in the 7 inch depth range. On the surface these coins VID as a penny/dime.

The watch, my very last find for the day, was located a little off the beaten path. I was sure it was a pop can or some other large, near surface, trash item but I don

Well, you found a few nice things. To bad about the watch. Ya just wonder what happened to the band. Was there a fight or what... KEN

mudpuppy said:
Nice mix there! :beers: And all around hunter of all things metal are ye?
Mud

Very true Mud, but I'm learning.:blink: For one I've taken notice that the confidence bar on my F70 are pretty darn reliable. Especially around 4 inches or less in the ground conditions in my area. Most of the trash items shown, if not all, were reading very low on the confidence graph but the numbers and audio were saying dig me, dig me!
Whats a fellow to do after having dug so many iffy signals over the years that turned out to be good finds. I know, the answer is to start trusting my F70 but old habits die hard.

The old bent key was the deepest find of the day at 7 inches. It was iffy and the F70 showed low confidence. But the depth and how it sounded/looked while pinpointing is what made me go for the gold, so to say. To be fair I can see why it was a tough call for the F70 as the first 3 inches were friendly loamy top soil but the last 4 inches were native gravel.

I may not sound like it at times but I really, really like my F70!
If it wasn't for it's extra depth capabilities I wouldn't have the pleasure of making the decision to dig or not to dig these deeper targets.:thumbup:

HH:beers:

BillF said:
That looks like a very rare and valuable pull tab you have there.:)

Everything has its price! So please feel free to make an offer. But wait, if you act now I'll throw in and extra one absolutely free. Plus shipping and handling of course :rofl:

Thanks my friend.:thumbup: Just getting out is a pleasure in it's self.:detecting: