Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sand Fishing Friday

GeorgeinSC

Went to the beach yesterday morning. When I walked out the door the weather guesser said that it was 30F. Thankfully it got up into the 50's. It would have been a real nice day if the wind had not started blowing. That made my long johns feel quite good.

Didnt find but $8.60 in clad and the usual assortment of lincolns/Zinclons. I was detecting an area where the surf has eaten away about 4 foot of sand from the dunes. Ran the coil under one of the private walkways to the beach and got a loud tone. Scooped and found that I had someone's wallet.

After I got home we went thru the wallet and could not find anything that would assist us in determining where the owner may live. It did contain a Visa card that expired in 2007. There were three dimes and two lincolns in the wallett. No folding money except for some kind of foreign bill that I could not determine the origin. The nice part was that one of the dimes is a 1942 Merc. The last merc I found was in July. Haven't gotten her cleaned up enough for a picture. She has quite a bit of crust on her.

The oarlock appears to be old as it is made of brass or bronze.

Don't know what the Bauble is but it appears to have been part of a necklace or bracelet.

The cat with spoon for a tongue is from a necklace. A friend of mines brother had one vary much like that. It was a cocaine spoon.

Diggerdick you hit the nail right on the head with that answer does that bring back bad or good memories LOL had one kinda like that over thirty years ago never used it wore my peace pipe out though LOL HH all

Thats a very solid hunt there Geo! Great score on the merc and the oarlock too...I found a wallet a few years back buried in the beach sand..no Id in it.., just a folded 20 bill and a dollar coin which is what set off the detector. Great variety of finds there.:clapping:
Mud

And here I was going to guess at a baby spoon....boy, was I off on that one!! I guess they made those before they invented straws or figured out how to roll up a piece of paper!

Great finds, none the less. Can you tell what the 'bauble' is made of?

Stay safe,