Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sandals Resort Beach Hunting

Does Jamaica still ban metal detectors? I heard you have to go thru the govt over there to get a permit. If that is true I'd go to the Bahamas or Dominican Rep.
YES, METAL DETECTORS ARE RESTRICTED FROM TAKING INTO JAMAICA! I personally along with three other travelers had ALL our detecting gear, scoops, detectors....etc. confiscated when going thru customs in Jamaica (201:geek:. We did get everything back two hours before our flight, the process took almost another two hours for the return to be processed. I will no longer try to take a detector into Jamaica.

There is a form that you may use to bring a detector into Jamaica, but I would not try to jump through all the hoops, just be be denied.

1712675690334.jpeg

1712675519162.png

Attachments

• Copy of Customs restricted items.jpg
    Copy of Customs restricted items.jpg
    734.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
YES, METAL DETECTORS ARE RESTRICTED FROM TAKING INTO JAMAICA! I personally along with three other travelers had ALL our detecting gear, scoops, detectors....etc. confiscated when going thru customs in Jamaica (201:geek:. We did get everything back two hours before our flight, the process took almost another two hours for the return to be processed. I will no longer try to take a detector into Jamaica
Boy they sure take the fun out of a vacation.
But I bet contaminated hookers and drugs are welcome.