Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saturday afternoon hunt 1700's field

sasquache

Well I gotta say my Nox 800 is a contender for sure. Out with my detecting bud he was swinging the Etrac for a 2 hour hunt on the same 1700's hay field! What a hunt I was amazed on how my Nox 800 performed in this field it is just full of iron natural iron in the soil and man made iron/copper nails I'm guessing and old plow pieces and more. Also tons of rocks and field stone but the nox ran well but I'm still learning the coin I'd numbers the are different then the Etrac for sure! My first signal was a 19,20 bounce with iron mixed in at about 6 inches dug down and picked out what I believe is a early indian head cent it is a thick small disc next I got a nice 20-22 signal with iron grunts about 6 inches and dug down and pulled a newer Indian head cent not so thick and I could see the Indian! Now I'm thinking holy moly I'm in the zone lol but again no more coins signals for about a hour I did pullseveral other items like a oxen know a button a older buckle and a pin of sorts thingy and then with limited time i decided to hit a area I was in the last I was detecting this field and bam bam i got a nice bouncy signal that stayed in the 24-26 range at 8 inches so I dug and after removing any big stones I couldn't believe what I was seeing and large disc was staring back at me I was tike yeehaaa my bud was like what??? He was Amazed at the finds but he didn't find anything of interest at all I'm not sure what is going on but the Etrac is a great deep coin detector and he knows it well but it could be just that he didn't get the coil over a coin 🤔 I kind of felt bad that he didn't find a single coin 😪 but I gotta say my Nox performed well 😉 . I also have the coins soaking in oil to try and save what little detail is left will post pics after the soaking. Still looking for my first spanish reale 😉 Thank you Sasuatche

Attachments

• 20220703_090202.jpg
    20220703_090202.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • 20220703_090210.jpg
    20220703_090210.jpg
    885.7 KB · Views: 109
Sorry, but what do you think the large disc is? Cant make out enough detail in the photo to make a SWAG!!!
Im betting there are still more targets to go yeehaw over out there.