Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scovill Button

A

Anonymous

I have posted this button before but have never got an definite answer. I have found very similiar designs but never anything exact. It has Scovill MF'G Co Waterbury on the back which I thought placed it between 1850 and 1865. Anyone have any info on these?
Also curious if anyone knows how many buttons would be on a coat. I have found 7 of them so far and want to make sure that I find them all:)

Here is the back. It is two piece and does resemble the Vol Militia version of the NH button. I have seen a version that was not Militia but the design was larger. What is confusing is the backmark. I have found a couple sites that show Scovill only used this backmark between 1850 and 1865 ... how can it be early 1900's then? Can you provide any info or pics that would show this later design?
thanks for the replies guys ...

1870 and on scovill/waterbury had larger backmark lettering.

JL, Scovill used ,any different variations of that BM 1850's up through the 1900's.. there are subtile and not so subtile differences...