Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

screen covers for legand.

anyone used those nano glass screen covers, an do they work ok?
Jimmy I bought the 3 pack from Amazon. Although a bit pricey they fit well and they are more like a cell phone screen protector. Scratch resistant too. Not like the chinsey one Minelab gives you with the 900/700. After wiping the dirt off after just 4 hunts it was all scratched up and looked like hell. Good thing I had some leftovers from the 800. Those ones had at least some scratch resistance. I would recommend the nano covers. Good luck. Mark

Jimmy I bought the 3 pack from Amazon. Although a bit pricey they fit well and they are more like a cell phone screen protector. Scratch resistant too. Not like the chinsey one Minelab gives you with the 900/700. After wiping the dirt off after just 4 hunts it was all scratched up and looked like hell. Good thing I had some leftovers from the 800. Those ones had at least some scratch resistance. I would recommend the nano covers. Good luck. Mark
Thanks for the info. I just bought the legand. Though a bit heavy with the big coil, Ill be getting the 9.5/ 5 coil. anyway ill try the screen covers, and thanks again.

The nano glass is the only screen covering that has been acceptable to me. It looks like it is not there, it doesn't scratch, doesn't get cloudy, fits perfectly, doesn't interfere with anything. I wish they made them for all my screen detectors. It is the only one I would recommend.

The nano glass is the only screen covering that has been acceptable to me. It looks like it is not there, it doesn't scratch, doesn't get cloudy, fits perfectly, doesn't interfere with anything. I wish they made them for all my screen detectors. It is the only one I would recommend.
thanks all for the info. I went out to our city soccer an baseball park for three hours. did just fine. well I just got finished playing with my legand setting on my bed, trying to learn the settings. I have read where other users have said that you couldn't turn the volume up much pass 3 for it would be loud. well I don't find that to be the case on mine. I can turn my legand to 6 an theres not much difference in volume then in 3. Also can you tell me how to do a reset on the unit?

thanks all for the info. I went out to our city soccer an baseball park for three hours. did just fine. well I just got finished playing with my legand setting on my bed, trying to learn the settings. I have read where other users have said that you couldn't turn the volume up much pass 3 for it would be loud. well I don't find that to be the case on mine. I can turn my legand to 6 an theres not much difference in volume then in 3. Also can you tell me how to do a reset on the unit?
Jimmy good evening. I 'll have to check the volume thing out. I remember the manual said the higher the volume the more drain on the battery. A s far as a factory reset. Power on, hit the settings button, right arrow over to user profile icon ( the little guy ) hit and hold pinpoint button till it reads Fd. Done. I'm still in the stage where I have to think about it before I make adjustments. On the 800/900 I can do them in my sleep. Ha ha Good luck. Mark

Did your Legend come from the factory with 1.11 already installed, if it did maybe Nokta Changed something in those Legends because I can tell you the first Legends that came with 1.04 and 1.05 the volumes on those were so loud that they were blowing speakers at max volume the two Legends I have which my first one was a 1.04 version and my second one was a 1.05 version the volume is very loud at max volume of 6, there is ahuge difference between a volume level of 3 and a volume level of 6 on the two Legends I have.

Because of speaker issues the Legend had on the first two versions I never ran my volume over 3 while on the speaker but when I use headphones I run max volume then and adjust the volume on the headphones to a comfortable level

Jimmy good evening. I 'll have to check the volume thing out. I remember the manual said the higher the volume the more drain on the battery. A s far as a factory reset. Power on, hit the settings button, right arrow over to user profile icon ( the little guy ) hit and hold pinpoint button till it reads Fd. Done. I'm still in the stage where I have to think about it before I make adjustments. On the 800/900 I can do them in my sleep. Ha ha Good luck. Mark
was all my fault. After playing with the settings I decided to do a reset on the detector. then the volume was back to normal. Ive got a lot to learn,but having fun learning.

was all my fault. After playing with the settings I decided to do a reset on the detector. then the volume was back to normal. Ive got a lot to learn,but having fun learning.
No worries, we all have that learning curve. I just got done playing around with mine. I like to max out my volume on the machine then adjust on the headphones. I was learning to set up a user profile. The first time around after dickin around for over an hour I wound up doing a factory reset instead of saving the profile. :crylol: Don't ask. I would prefer to learn as much as I can with the factory settings but I'm bored and tired of reading the forums. Ha ha. I need to get out and hunt. With the LG24 coil I got some really impressive air test results. I know in the dirt air tests results go out the window but they do give you somewhat of a baseline and also used the coins as I set up tone, break, pitch, and volume. Wound up setting 2 profiles in Park before my brain fried. One in 6 tone and one in 4 tone. Will do others at a later date. Enjoy. Mark

well I got my nano screen covers. didn't go well. the first one got bubbled. had to use a second cover same thing. the third didn't have the sticking jell, or what ever it is they use to keep the on the detector screen. so I'm out the money, an still no screen protection. I really don't know if it was me or the product. it seems once you take the screen off it wont work to try to reuse it. I say it bubbled, but it really looked liked mosture then bubbles.

Sorry they didn't work for you. I put mine on when it was brand new, no bubbles or anything like that. It is still in place and no scratches on the screen. I would call the manufacturer and tell them your results.

Sorry they didn't work for you. I put mine on when it was brand new, no bubbles or anything like that. It is still in place and no scratches on the screen. I would call the manufacturer and tell them your results.
I didn't have
I didn't have any scratches on my screen. but now I do. not that bad but who wants any. result of just trying to put on a screen cover. or I should say trying to make two work. I think ill get a control box cover an see what happens. I like the looks of the sly lynx brand made for the simplex. They say its hard to put on the legend because it fits so tight. anyway I will see if I can contact the manufacturer. thanks for all the info.