Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Screen freezing

buckeeeee

At the beach this morning and was zig zaging around in the dry sand. I know this time of year finds are limited and you can go awhile hearing nothing. The simplex was really quiet and as simplex owners know it does chatter occasionally. I figured I would ground balance and noticed the screen was completely frozen, every button would not work, nothing. To make a long story short, two or three times this happened (in less than an hour), frozen screen no buttons working. I had to push and hold the off button for 5 to 10 seconds for the the machine to reset (during reset the screen would shut down and show 5 to 6 vertical lines when turning off to on), I figured out it would happen when I would hit or bump my coil on a hard surface to knock the excess sand off my coil to make it lighter to swing. I would only hunt in all metal so I could tell when the machine would freeze, has anybody experienced this?

I would suggest you return it for warranty service. It sounds like a loose connection, possibly in the coil, but could be in the control. Do you have a different coil you could swap to, and see if the problem re-occurs?

I would suggest you return it for warranty service. It sounds like a loose connection, possibly in the coil, but could be in the control. Do you have a different coil you could swap to, and see if the problem re-occurs?
No other coil to check, I had a Racer2 that had almost the same problem, bump the coil but only the sound would stop no screen freezing. I am going to fully charge tonight, retighten the cable and try again tomorrow.