Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Screen protector

jerseyjim

Can anybody tell me of a good screen protector for the CTX? I see Zagg advertised a pack of 3 different size protectors that you have to cut. Is there anything else out there?
Jim

Bump to top in hopes someone knows a good answer.......

I tried one of those dust cover, screen protectors that go over the control panel entirely. While they do in fact cover the screen and buttons
the GLARE was so bad I could not read the screen! That screen is hard to read anyways without double to triple the glare.

I then cut out and put on a screen protector designed for my wife's kindle. It seems to have trouble sticking but has not fallen off. There is air
under about 1/3 of the bottom part. But the screen is protected for the most part. That material has some glare reduction qualities that
makes the screen readable.

see similar thread here - http://metaldetectingforum.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=7089

I bought cell phone screen protectors on clearance for $.99 and cut to fit. Like cornel said, they help reduce the glare. Had no problems getting to stick and can't even tell it's there.

An update..........I put a wet apply protector on and it fits like a glove. No bubbles. So far it has "survived" about 8 hours of hunting including 2+ in the Gulf of Mexico and a hard rainstorm. No signs of coming off yet although I do see a little white around the bottom of the panel. Hopefully it will not spread. It was called Xtremeguard for ipad air and cost 10 bucks on eBay. Enough material to do at least 3 coverings.