Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SCREW ON TO PLUG IN ADAPTOR HELP

GROMEO

Hi everyone. I want to buy a 13" mars coils for my QDP. I am told that the adaptor is a 5 pin screw on to a 6 pin plug in however my QDP is a 5 pin plug in.
what is the center pin for? does it just plug into a dead slot??.
I am confused. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a new coil and receive the wrong adaptor.
thanks.
Gromeo

FYI
I received my new Mars 13" discovery DD coil and the adapter.
the coil came with a plug in connector. if anyone wants to get
a mars 13" coil for the quick draw pro. you do not need to buy the adapter
like I did.
Gromeo

Glad to know it uses a push in connector! Let us know how you do with it. I am contemplating on getting an aftermarket DD coil for my Bounty Hunter that uses 6.6 khz.

I have been using the 13" coil for the last two days. you cover way more ground which means you find more coins in less time.
as far as depth, I did an air test with the 10x7 stock concentric and the 13" DD. to be honest you don't get but maybe an 1.5 inches more
from the DD but like I said you cover a lot of real estate with it. when you pinpoint with the DD I back up off the target till the signal breaks
your target is directly in front of the coil. it works every time. I think the pinpoint function on the QDP is meant for concentric coils it doesn't work well with the DD.
if you get the 13" coil make sure it is for the QDP.

I also bought the 4" gold nugget coil. it is not the right frequency I believe it is 6.6Khz not sure but it works great and it cost me 30 bucks. the coil almost payed for itself.
the ultra 4 coil is the right coil for the QDP. Hunter GT gave me that information.