Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scuff Covers for the Garrett ATX

From page 27 of the Owners Manual at http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby-manuals/1534000_atx_manual_rev_a.pdf :

"Coil covers: Use a coil cover to protect the coil from abrasion and damage and prevent false responses that may occur when the coil abruptly impacts a rigid object such as a large rock, etc."

I agree, especially when coils have an MSRP over $500, that you want to protect them. Nugget detecting in particular subjects coils to a lot of abrasion and hard knocks. Only problem is there are none available. Garrett needs to address this shortage ASAP.

[attachment 278049 image.jpg]
Standard ATX Searchcoil
10" x 12" (25 x 31cm) DD Searchcoil
PN: 2234600.....$529.95

[attachment 278051 image.jpg]
Optional ATX Searchcoil
8" (20cm) Mono Searchcoil
PN: 2234000.....$529.95
Excellent depth on small targets. Enhanced maneuverability in heavy scrub and tight areas.

[attachment 278052 image.jpg]
Optional ATX Searchcoil
Deepseeker

I talked to Steve last week...and he assured me that they will be available soon and will look after the ATX customers

I'm using two layers of Gorilla tape to protect my coils until the covers come out...

Not much of a problem yet since we cant even get the ATX.

Yes that stuff is tough man! Gorilla tape that is...

I don't buy detectors with the intentions of reselling them, to me using coil covers is like putting seat covers on a new car so the second owner can enjoy new seats. They add weight. If and when a coil starts to wear thru is the time to add a coil cover. JMO. Back in the 60s and 70s before coil covers were invented we used to cut a "rubber band" out of a car inner tube and stretch it around the coil when it became thin . TEHO: smile:

Yea but the ATX coils cost $450, so I would protect them out of the gate if I were you.

Bearkat

bearkat4160 said:
Yea but the ATX coils cost $450, so I would protect them out of the gate if I were you.

Bearkat
I do use one on my Deus, Its expensive too and the battery can't be charged without it on.

Anything new about the coil covers ?

My dealer in Germany tells me there are no coil covers available..

That can

Still in the manufacturing a lot stage,,,shouldn't be much longer.

Dead easy to make.......... this one got a "flip-flop" rubber strip on the outside edge........like a Doge 'em bumper car.

Never know who or what opposition one might bump into :punch:
PB257529.jpg

ivanll

Ivan....maybe you could cut the center hole out and replace with clear material....

Get some use outta that 'peep hole'....:wiggle:

Cheers,

Tye

Tye said:
Ivan....maybe you could cut the center hole out and replace with clear material....

Get some use outta that 'peep hole'....:wiggle:

Cheers,

Tye

Got one of them also.........clear plastic in centre not so good....... gets dusty...........clear opening in centre works fine. :)

PC027544_a_400a.jpg

ivanll