Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE stock coil Question

Ted S

In May of 2013 I bought a nice used Explorer SE. I haven't hunted much due to a serious health issue that almost took my life. I have been metal detecting off and on since 1977. I only can get out for an hour or two at a time and have found a good amount of clad in the parks with the SE. Most of my good spots are in fields and I wonder if my time would be spent better with a larger coil such as the 10x12 SEF. There seems to be pretty good reviews on the SEF and I would like to optimize my time. Thoughts and suggestions? Thanks!! Ted

I just received my Tornado coil today. It's NL-FBS-04 NEL 12" x 13" DD Tornado Coil - Minelab FBS for Explorer SE. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
I just received my Tornado coil today. It's NL-FBS-04 NEL 12" x 13" DD Tornado Coil - Minelab FBS for Explorer SE. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Please let us know how you like it Tony, I will use my Ultimate this weekend hopefully.

Last night I tried it but, as usual, didn't read the directions. It falsed a lot. This morning I found the directions in the box the coil came in.
They said to turn down the Sensitivity to half THEN Ground Balance. Then AFTER Ground Balancing turn up the Sens to a good level. Bingo! Nice and quiet detecting.
Now I have to see if I can find anything good with it.