Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sea Hunter Mark II

A

Anonymous

I'am leaning towards purchasing the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II. I would like to hear from any one who owns one or anyone who has some pro's or con's about this unit. Thanks

Hello, I use the Sea Hunter Mark II on the beach and in the surf. It is a great Beach detector and great water detector. I have found lots of gold rings with my Sea Hunter and a Platinum ring with 7 diamonds in it. But it is not a good unit for land hunting. You can't discrimanate out your nails. This unit is mainly designed for water and beach hunting. When land hunting you want to use a VLF detector that has pinpoint and can discrimanate out your iron nails and old bottle caps. If you can get two detectors one for land and one for beach and surf the new Garrett ACE 250 is a good land unit to start out with. I hope I helped a little.

Thank you for the information. How well does this unit work in the dry sand. I have been told by some that a PI unit won't work well in the dry sand, I'am not sure if they know what there talking about. I have the ACE 250 and a whites beach hunter ID. From what I have been reading the PI units seem to be pretty good. Just trying to decide on which one. I have to say The ACE 250 is one great machine.

but got rid of it do to it reads waves. It was to niosy for shallow water hunting. The 250 is a good dry sand and park machine.The Seahunter is a good wreck diving unit.For shallow water I would use the Whites PI pro. It will be better on smaller gold and be more stable so you can hear those deep targets. I also have owned the Beach ID. It is not a bad unit I wished it would get a few more inches on depth. Pi unit don't work well on dry sand becuase they see to much iron dig.Hope this helps,Joe

Thank you. any information helps. It's nice to have a place to ask questions, and get honest and helpful results. This is a good place. Thanks again.

I have used the Whites beach ID detector before and found that I still prefer the Garrett Sea hunter Mark II in the surf and on the wet and dry sand over any other detector I have tried. As the man said in the post below that the Sea hunter reads waves, this is true you somtimes get feedback from wave action. But you can adjust your threshold to eliminate this. Just like any detector you have a learning curve.
The fact is,that in numerous test, PI detectors most always go deeper in salt mineral contents that are found around any type of sand near the sea. A PI detector also handles the black sand that is encountered on most beaches. This allows you to go deeper than most VLF detectors can go even with DD eliptical coils that are able to boost depth in most cases in mineralized soil. The PI's usually alway achieve greater depth in this type of sand and soil.
I am no expert so get plenty of opinions before you make your choice. Happy Hunting!

CHECK OUT THE SURFSCAN PI, THAT WOULD BE MY 1ST CHOICE FOLLOWED BY AN IMPULSE W/10.5".

Who makes the surfscan PI. Is the impulse a Fisher product. Thank you.

lookinmyeyes, I own 3 and yes as waves pass over, the threshhold noise does increase, but you can adjust your style to let the wave pass before continuing the sweep. Just a little common sense learning the unit and it works. I have seen michele's finds and let me tell you she knows what she's doing. She's more of an expert than she's willing to admit. I have been hunting hard in the water with mine since june '04. Some of my finds are posted on this forum. This machine is as capable as any, but this forum does not see this from a Texas perspective. Don't underestimate the Garrett.