Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sea Hunter mark II

A

Anonymous

I am narrowing my search down for the metal detector that fits me, I would like to ask anyone experienced with the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II a few questions. The special discrimination mode boast "you can exclude trash items from detection with little or no effect on targets with a similar conductivity", basically stating the detector in those modes will still see gold, silver and coins but not trash, does this new mode work as advertised. 2nd, I am trying to find out if it works OK on land as none of the reviewers have talked about land use even though the advertising says it is ok.
Thanks
Sincerely
Donny

The garrett sea hunter mark II is a remarkable piece of equipment. My very 1st trip to the texas surf produced a gold plated ring with cz and amethest stones and 1 pair of mangled up sunglasses. i would strongly suggest that you not use the discrimination setting as you will miss some of the smaller targets that may be valuable. i have had about 3 unproductive trips that produced mainly pulltabs and bottle caps, however i have had around 5 that have been significantly more productive. purchased unit 07/13/2004 and had a couple of years of land hunting experience. the water, mark II and i are getting along quite well, excellent choice. your cost should not exceed $600 for the unit. i have used it on the beach and it does well, but detects all metal. there seems to be sigificantly more trash targets on the beach than the surf. my dealer warned me not to use the discrimination mode. by not using the discrimination i am convinced that i would have missed some of my valuble targets, as they give me a weak signal, but with discrimination it would ignore them. the amount of trash that i find in the surf using no discrimination is worth not losing valuable targets. i would not recommend buying a sea hunter if you plan to use it on land hunting. i have a GTI1500 and it works well when i am land hunting. alexander enterprises is my dealer.

I have the Sea Hunter XL500 and have found many items including, small gold tons of silver and other metal earring and assorted items. I have the larger 13 inch coil that really goes deep. I run mine with no discrimination and dig all targets. The larger coil is less sensitive to small gold as you would expect. The only thing better in my mind is the Goldquest if you can afford it. I love being able to search all day on a single charge. I have used it on land and I have found coins and snall jewelry no problem. Hope this helps and HH, Joe