Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sea Hunter MkII

A

Anonymous

G,day everyone i just bought a 2nd hand Garrett Sea Hunter MkII in as "Brand new condition" it came with original box,video & hipmount ,4 stems from a Top bloke named Terry from a little country town named Seymour in Victoria ,Australia.The unit has never been submerged approx 1 year old.Terry's asking price was $900 so i gave him $500 deposit & said hold it for me & il pay it off over a 2 months.Terry said take it with you & get some use out of it.I couldnt believe it ,he gave me the detector to take back to Melb to use without paying in full,thats good old country trust for you.I got terrys bank details from him so that i could pay the rest off.
So now im the proud owner of a as new water detector,what can i expect from this machine?
Can anyone that uses one tell me some pointers e.g settings to use,best way to pinpoint,& how deep will i locate rings & coins.Glory holes & trenches how do i read the shallow water ,where should i look? in between the sand bars & dark areas.
Any advice will be most helpfull
I have hunted the shallows before using my GTAX1000 but didnt want to go too deep in fear of getting detector splashed or wet.I also have my Scuba license so im looking forward to go under a few piers around here im sure there would be coins & rings laying on the bottom under these.
Cheers Freddy (Australia)

Freddy,
Go across to the PI Classroom and do a search on "Sea Hunter"....there's a lot of information going back a few years.
BE VERY CAREFUL WITH USING DISCRIMINATION on this machine as you will knock out a lot of the smaller gold items.
I use an Eric Foster PI detector for the water and there is no discrimination feature at all...just the way I like it.
Regards,
Tony (Perth).

Thanks Tony i will do that for sure.
Thanks mate
Freddy

Freddy hope that is not American money for $900 as retail on the unit new is around $750. Nevertheless an excellent machine. I own 3 of them. Have been water hunting since june '04, get ready as it is highly addictive. Run the unit in standard trash elimination only. DO NOT USE DISCRETE. Certain targets will surely be missed. Run threshold just loud enough where it is adible through the head phones. Run the top left control on 0 as you will discriminate some good targets as well. Try this for starters until you have been hunting for at least 1 year. I still am hunting in these modes as I have not reached my 1 year anniversary yet, but I seriously doubt that I will alter it after 1 year. Unit is submersible to 200 feet so don't be afraid to get it wet. Hunt shallow and deep in straight lines parallel to the beach until a desirable line of targets are located. Try this and alter as your success will surely be forthcoming. Looking forward to seeing your finds matey! Good Luck!