Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sensitivity & Depth Question...

I'm wondering what Sensitivity level Quattro users are using hunting on land--parks, old sites etc. I know it varies per geographical location with soil conditions, etc. I'm in Northern Ohio and run Manual 15-16 sometimes 17 when conditions allow. I'm curious to know if the sensitivity level can be compared to the Explorer II. Example: The Explorer II has a sensitivity range up to 32. The Quattro = 20. So if the Quattro sensitivity is set at "15" which is 75% of the level, is that the same as setting the Explorer II at"24" which is also 75% of the level? Would you expect to have similar sensitivity and depth at those settings hunting coins?

Also, what kind of depth are any Quattro users getting on coins? Anyone getting deep silver over 6"?

I'm asking because I had an Explorer II but had to sell it last year. I bought the Quattro this time around for the simplicity and ease of operation, plus cheaper, and hearing that I'd get the same or close to the depth of the Explorer II. I've been out several times and don't seem to dig more than 4 or 5 inches on coins. That's what I'm used to when I had a White's DFX. I sold it and bought an Explorer II and was finding deep coins in the 7 - 10 inch range.

Note: The ground is extremely dry from lack of rain, and I'm hunting areas that have been hunted before. (no surprise), so that may be a factor.

I just feel like I'm back in the old days with the White's. Any comments?

I feel being dry may have a lot to do with the depth. I had a Quattro to try last fall and did some comparison with my friends Explorer XS and he had me check some of his deeper signals he thought were good. One he didnt know if I would hear it or not as it was deep and very weak. The Quattro picked it up with no problem and even he felt the Quattro gave a better signal than is Explorer did when he tried the Quatrro on it. The target was a barber dime at 9-10 inches and read real good on the Quattro. I picked up a 1917 wheatie that day too that was a good 11-12 inches deep,so i know it gets depth.
I find the Quattro has a slower recovery, so when it sees a good target is seem to lock on to it better, but also when it sees a good target and lock on any other metal object will sound like the good target unless you stop and let the Threshold reset.
The things I seen with the Quattro did impress me and feel it has some newer technology that the XS II dont have at this time being the Quattro was developed after the XS II. The reason I dont use one and back to the XS II is the tones are not adjustable like the XS II and they are just too high pitched for my bad hearing, the XS II I can adjust the tones to my hearing loss.