Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sent For a New X-Terra 50

Glen in Maine

After reading all your posts and knowing the kind of detecting I do in Maine I traded in my Shadow X5 for the X-Terra 50. Wont have much time left this year but will certainly have time to learn about it a little and learn a bunch from all of you on this forum. If I come up with any new revolutions I will certainly pass them along as they come along. I thank you all for your posts and honesty. I too believe that this machine even though that it is less expensive will be a great attribute to the detecting community.

If you absolutely had to sell off one to get the other, then I guess you have to.

If you just do not enjoy using a non-metered detector, then I guess you would have wanted to.

If something in print on a forum convinced you that the new X-Terra 50 was the ultimate detector for any and all applications, then somebody did quite a sales job!

Otherwise, I am saddened to hear that you parted with the Shadow X5. It is quite possible one of the best, multi-purpose detectors available. I can't see anyone coming out with anything that could replace it anytime soon, so my Shadow X5 and 3 coils remains a key part of my three-detector battery.

On the other hand, I am happy top hear that you're buying a new Minelab X-Terra 50 because I know how well this detector works. I know how easy it is to learn and use. I know quite well how 'fun' the X-Terra 50 is! :)

It's possible that the X-Terra 50 offers just what you have been looking for in a detector. I know it has some of what I have looked for and, if you get as much satisfaction out of your new detector as I have been, it will be one you definitely won't be selling or trading off in the near future.

Happy Hunting!

Monte