Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Set up a new test garden...

sgoss66

...and I'm pleasantly surprised with the depth capability, and VDI numbers, I am getting on coins from my Gold Bug DP. Hits 12" nickels and quarters easy in all-metals mode (will not hit the 12" quarter in disc mode, but will hit the 10"). I'm quite impressed. Will be checking it out on some small lead weights (which I still need to bury), and on some gold nuggets soon.

I am also impressed with its ability to ID the "complex" targets I set up, coins beneath nails, and coins adjacent to nails 1" away. It can provide good VDI for the coin if you sweep "across" the nail; running along the length of the nail and it has a harder time with the coin ID (often IDing as iron when sweeping in this direction.)

Though I only ran it through the garden for a few minutes, I am impressed. GB around 60, red clay soil, and I was running sens 99 (and thresh 10 when in all-metal mode).

Steve

Great beginning, looking forward to see what find when you start playing with your detector. :wiggle: