Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shaft to coil setup

DigDog

So apparently there is only one rubber washer that goes on one side of the shaft where it meets the coil as opposed to other detectors where there is a washer on both sides. There is also a spacer that goes on the outside where the wing nut tightens on.
Noticed the shaft sits a little slanted to the coil not exactly at 90 degrees and a slight space that doesn’t sit flush on the side where there is no washer. Also the spacer is really hard to fit into the hole.
Is the spacer supposed to stick out because the only way to get it all the way in would be to basically hammer it in.
Not sure exactly how its all supposed to fit together. Anyone else have the same thing or know what the normal configuration is? Thanks

Attachments

• 9BF273EF-97B2-4A51-8455-4E419CD44D18.jpeg
    9BF273EF-97B2-4A51-8455-4E419CD44D18.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
  • 68F175B7-F307-4046-9F72-C766D9ECC254.jpeg
    68F175B7-F307-4046-9F72-C766D9ECC254.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 48
Sorry this might be a better picture

Attachments

• 7B6BCF57-C953-4428-92C2-1A295305EF23.jpeg
    7B6BCF57-C953-4428-92C2-1A295305EF23.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 41
Yes, it sticks out . . . I think it acts as a lock washer keeping pressure on the whole thing so it doesn't come loose.

Yes it’s correct the way you have it it’s actually a great design I hate the equinox coil to shaft connection the manticore on the other hand is a great design also
Mark

Does only having a rubber washer on one side a better design? I would think on both sides would even out everything better and also protect it from wear more but I could be wrong. Every one else i have ever seen has had it on both sides

Does only having a rubber washer on one side a better design? I would think on both sides would even out everything better and also protect it from wear more but I could be wrong. Every one else i have ever seen has had it on both sides
Yes it’s kind of a different setup but when I had my Deus the first one it had the same setup and I never had wear unlike the crappy minelab design the washers wear down and it wears the ears on the coil down.
The material their coils are made of are not if very good quality that’s for sure.
Now the Manticore design is a solid square with a Y yoke on the shaft that goes around coil and it uses big round washers a great design.
Mark

M
Yes it’s kind of a different setup but when I had my Deus the first one it had the same setup and I never had wear unlike the crappy minelab design the washers wear down and it wears the ears on the coil down.
The material their coils are made of are not if very good quality that’s for sure.
Now the Manticore design is a solid square with a Y yoke on the shaft that goes around coil and it uses big round washers a great design.
Mark
Mark----The coil ears (design) on the Equinox 900 is STILL the craps???

M

Mark----The coil ears (design) on the Equinox 900 is STILL the craps???
No I like the new design coil ears it’s the 800 coil
Ears that are not to good
Mark