Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sharing My V3.0 Program

bigfootokie

With only about 6 hours of actual hunting time on the V3 download, these are the settings I ended up saving to a program. My Deus ran very smooth with VERY minimal falsing on two 1880's homesteads horribly littered with 50+ years of nails, iron, sheet metal, wire, etc., everything except trash from 1940 to present day. These settings are only the beginning of my tweaking, but I was quite impressed with Saturday's results. This is just a starting point for me but I wanted to share so that maybe others would be inspired to try these settings at sites with more modern trash to see if maybe this could be a good basic program. I can't give info on the depth I achieved except that I dug an IH Penny at 6", which hit solid tones and somewhat iffy numbers, in a very small place we have walked over many dozens of times with a variety of machines.

I'm interested in your feedback.
Jim

Manual GB
Disc 10 --- 3 Tone --- 202Hz 0-10 --- 518Hz 11-87 --- 800Hz 88-97
Sens 90
Freq 12kHz
Iron Vol 0
Reactivity 3 --- Silencer 3
Audio Response 5
Notch 98-99
ID Norm- No

Sooooo... 189 views of this post in the last 5 days and no comments? Just wondering if anyone is out there.

Thanks man ill give that a try, the only mod I would make is full tones, I havent been out in a few months and im pretty eager to try 3.1 out so far I only tried it in my yard and got a clad dime that was in an area that I pounded to death with my v3i, e trac and ctx3030, I have high hopes for this machine now,thanks again. Mole

Hi Jim. Look like a good program you made to trashy area. You could lower the disc. to 2,0 and put in Notch from 2 to 10, because you have no iron Volume you wouldn't hear the different, only it goes a little bit deeper with 2,0 in disc. The notch you got at 98-99 could be some deep objects ! I never got a clear iron signal 98-99.
Henrik

pghmole said:
Thanks man ill give that a try, the only mod I would make is full tones, I havent been out in a few months and im pretty eager to try 3.1 out so far I only tried it in my yard and got a clad dime that was in an area that I pounded to death with my v3i, e trac and ctx3030, I have high hopes for this machine now,thanks again. Mole

Thanks Mole, I started using Full Tones after the V3.0 download and thought I would like it. Testing in a park, it was pretty good except it seemed like the tones were clipped, or maybe a bit choppy. Hard to describe. I tried it again at an old homestead with lots of old metal trash and it overwhelmed my ability to sort through the targets so I switched to 3 Tones and it really settled down.

Maybe the V3.1 download will help the response on Full Tones. I think it will be a great addition to the Deus for me if it smooths out some.

Henrikras said:
Hi Jim. Look like a good program you made to trashy area. You could lower the disc. to 2,0 and put in Notch from 2 to 10, because you have no iron Volume you wouldn't hear the different, only it goes a little bit deeper with 2,0 in disc. The notch you got at 98-99 could be some deep objects ! I never got a clear iron signal 98-99.
Henrik

Thanks Henrik, I did try disc on 2.0 for the extra depth but it was too noisy at these spots. Your idea of disc at 2 and Notch 2-10 is excellent! That should increase depth while still running smooth.

I started using the 98-99 Notch about a year ago when I first got my machine because it seems like I experience less wrap around false signals from iron when I'm running the Deus hot. With max sens. it seems to run smoother. You are right too about missing deep objects with this notch. I have air tested a Peace Dollar on edge which hit 97 almost every pass but occasionally would hit 98 when at the depth limits of the detecting field. This is something to consider.

I appreciate your input.
Jim

Jim... You could safe your program at place 14, and safe Very similar with small changes at place 13 and place 15, so you easy could swich programs...

Henrikras said:
Jim... You could safe your program at place 14, and safe Very similar with small changes at place 13 and place 15, so you easy could swich programs...

Yeah, those new slots for personal programs are a great improvement...really makes customizing easy without modifying the basic programs.