Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short hunt yesterday nets a few wheats

E-TREC-Virginia

I've been in a silver slump lately, but through some research, I think I've found a place that may have a few to find. I've been researching where the old W&OD Railway stops used to be in Virginia and found one pretty close to home. It was in use in the early 1900's and was connected to an old country store that is still there and open today. I went and talked to the owner of the store and he confirmed that it was indeed one of the stops and gave me a quick history lesson that he learned from the family of the original owners. Across the street from the store stands an old house that had a stone retaining wall in front of it that is still there today. He told me that people who were waiting for the train would come into the store to buy lunch and would go across the street and sit on the wall and eat lunch while waiting for the train. According to the family of the original owner, there would be up to 20 or 30 people at a time sitting there just enjoying their meal and passing the time while waiting for the train to arrive. Well, I had a little bit of time to check it out yesterday and came away with a 4 wheat's (1919, 1924, 1936, 1947, no silver yet, ) in about an hour or so. I plan on going back this weekend and I have my fingered crossed that the silver will reveal itself. The area is full of trash and the Deus worked great and I'm really excited about the possibilities. More to come.

Thanks for sharing the story. The silver is there and I am sure you will find it. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your post with all your great finds. HH -Marc

Yeah good luck with that. It's a pretty cool story also. Those types of stories passed along for years are great little history lessons and good detecting leads too.