Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short morning hunt yields some good finds...

fwcrawford

I went out to a relatively new site today and searched for about 2 1/2 hours and had some pretty good results.
There used to be a large farm on the site years ago, but who knows what is lying around there now.
This is the first large cent from this site and it is an 1852.
Also got a 1950 Rosie dime, and 3 wheat pennies dated from left to right in the photo 1918, 1941, and 1942.
Not sure what the mystery item is yet ( will post on the relic and whatzit site later ).
So far in addition to these finds, this area has given up some IH cents, some other wheat pennies, some other silver dimes, a couple of tokens, and a civil war era Infantry button.
Thanks for looking,
Felix

Looks like you have a good place there Felix. Nice finds!

Felix,

Congratulations on some super finds! If you found these nice coins, I am certain there are others waiting for you. Let me know if you need help :detecting:

Looks like the handle on a surveyor's chain. I only knew this because I'm a surveyor.

I believe you are right on the ID.
I did some research on the name found on the handle and found out they made measuring instruments.
I thought it was some type of handle for a tripod, but I think you have nailed it for me.
Thanks a bunch,
Felix