Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Should I jump or should I stay...decision made

The Mayor

I have been reading all about the new whizz bang metal detectors. It does seem that there are some new interesting new machines and that the technology may be advancing a bit.
I especially like the waterproof features of some of the new detectors.
So before jumping all over another detector...for once in my life....I decided to just think before I leap.
I got out all my detectors (15) and went out to my test garden. One by one I put each through the paces. Nothing had changed.!! I could find every target with my favorite relic hunting machines and I knocked out the targets next to iron with my favorite trashy site machines. My water machines worked well and I know that they work in salt water when needed.
It all made me think. These detectors have served me well everywhere I needed them to. They kept me busy all day digging targets. If I put the right machine over a target I am going to hear it. I see nothing new in the market that is going to help me dig more targets faster.... or give me more time to do it. I am holding with the hand I have.
Some day a new machine will come that I will have to buy but not now..

I have been reading all about the new whizz bang metal detectors. It does seem that there are some new interesting new machines and that the technology may be advancing a bit.
I especially like the waterproof features of some of the new detectors.
So before jumping all over another detector...for once in my life....I decided to just think before I leap.
I got out all my detectors (15) and went out to my test garden. One by one I put each through the paces. Nothing had changed.!! I could find every target with my favorite relic hunting machines and I knocked out the targets next to iron with my favorite trashy site machines. My water machines worked well and I know that they work in salt water when needed.
It all made me think. These detectors have served me well everywhere I needed them to. They kept me busy all day digging targets. If I put the right machine over a target I am going to hear it. I see nothing new in the market that is going to help me dig more targets faster.... or give me more time to do it. I am holding with the hand I have.
Some day a new machine will come that I will have to buy but not now..
Point(s) well taken.

I have had 2 Nox 600's but I sold them and prefer my At Pro which has made more of my better finds. I recently bought a Simplex and I will probably sell it too. Also have a G2+ which I like and a Compadre for the tot lots. I guess old school machines work better for me...lol.