Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Side by side G2 vs DeepTech Gold

Carter NY

People wanted to see how the G2 would compare with the Gold. Both are excellent at hearing good targets in iron.

http://youtu.be/XRr_2W5GPhE

How do the 2 machines compare depth wise?TIA

Now if only the GOLD came with an optional meter... Nice test thanks for sharing - Jim

You know, I've used both machines and the Vista in OPEN ground has a little edge on depth. For what these high iron machines are made for depth is not the main factor, MASKING is the main factor. I doubt seriously in a iron laden site that a small DEEP non-ferrous object will be located if it is surrounded by nails. It is easy to conduct a test with the nails and the button side by side, but just place the nails 2- 4" above the button and see what happens..............Mark

bugg said:
How do the 2 machines compare depth wise?TIA

I will be doing some gold jewelry testing at the beach this weekend. The DeepTech has an edge in depth from what I have seen so far but I'll show it on the video.

Mark, as far as hearing a good target BELOW iron, that is next to impossible. If the iron is on the same level, there is no problem hearing a good target close to the iron if you have a fast machine like the G2 or DeepTech. But once iron is above the target, it is masked.

I tried to show this phenomenon in a couple of videos. Here is one of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YHDUMZBrF4

Carter

Im using my Gold as a beach machine right now. Fortunately the beaches are not carpets of nails. I was just curious how the two compare on depth. Im not interested in selling the Gold. Its a fine machine.

On the iron above the non ferrous target. I have found buttons in holes that I have dug nails out above the button. I had my G2 once in a pounded camp and dug nails out of the hole above a eagle coat button that was 10" deep in the side of the hole. On any of these new "Un-Masking" machines, I have better luck even if I just get a high tone peep. 99% of the time there is a non-ferrous target mixed with the nails. I do believe that the Vista machines are THE machines for heavy iron.
It's too bad that the resale is not very good on them now, because people are using them for what they are NOT intended to be used for. I just can't imagine taking one to the park and thinking you are going to have a real advantage in the trash. They are RELIC machines in the pure form.

Mark

I know and that's a bugger people have been buying for wrong hunting purpose and then the crappy reviews when it doesn't perform the way they think it should in the park, I just don't get it with people at times?