Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

silicone cover

Picketwire

I bought a silicone cover for when the remote is mounted on the frame and I don't want to get dirt in the keypads. However I so not want it on all the time. The cover was extremely hard to put over the remote as the silicone is very sticky. I do not want to go through this every time I install this cover I thought about soapy water, then realized that was completely stupid. Does anyone have a solution? Thank you for your time.

I have the same cover and know exactly what you're talking about. My solution: I leave it on most of the time, usually just cleaning the outside with a wipe or wet cloth after each hunt.

Occasionally, I take it off to clean the cover and remote completely. When it's time to put it back on the remote, I've found turning the cover inside-out helps. That way, you can roll it onto the remote instead of dragging it and getting resistance from the silicone.

If only it was a little easier to put on, it would be the perfect case!

Thank you for your reply. On the Tube I saw someone make silicone less sticky by mixing baking soda and water and painting it on the item and letting it sit until dry, then cleaning but I would think that would make it hazy. I guess I could try it on a small portion.

I’ve seen neoprene “environmental covers” advertised and one came with F75 when I bought it. Keeps the control head clean and basically dirt/dust free but not water proof. Pretty much a snap to take off and put on. Draw back? The plastic window can be hard to see thru if you have the sun directly at your back.

I had one for the T2. Same thing. I could hardly see through it no matter the sun's position. I still have the T2, no idea where the covers are. I guess the part over the batteries put some resistance on the on/off volume control to keep it from turning on accidentally but a couple of ¼ inch o-rings do the job now.

Rarely take it off except for cleaning. Not ideal but I have a protective cover over the face.

Attachments

• 20210919_090202.jpg
    20210919_090202.jpg
    980.4 KB · Views: 68
I tried the baking soda treatment. It didn't make it hazy but it didn't make it easier to get on either, it was just as sticky as before. I really like the cover to keep dirt and mud out of the keypad and protect it when it falls over when laying the detector down but I would like to install and remove easier.