Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver maiden voyage

msareborn

My first time out with my new Fisher 1280x Aquanaut was today. It took a little getting used to, but I had some great results. I'm spoiled from using my V3i, and DFX, knowing how deep and what kind of target, not to mention pinpointing. But it did get me digging more targets and deeper. Had the sensitivity turned to 10 and the discrimination at almost 6. Pretty surprised when the half dollar turned up in my basket. winter sucks, but when the water is way down, it gets me out farther than I usually detect. So this winter has produced several firsts.
Left to right. 1945s wheat back, 1939 nickel, 1886 octagon shaped Indian head penny, and 1941 silver half dollar. I have found just 4 half dollars total, so it's always fun to find another!

Mudpuppy;
All we have is fresh water here. Idaho. Weather conditions are a bit blustery and stormy. It stirs up the bottom, and it changes the depth of targets constantly. Many good finds from a so called hunted out spot. Happy hunting!

Damntheluck;
I'm not sure why the Indian is octagonal, trench art? The US troops were stationed here at fort Sherman and there weren't a lot of skirmishes, so they had lots of time on their hands. So maybe one of them hammered it into that shape? That's all I can guess. It befuddled me when I dug it out of the lake bed and saw it in my scoop.

Silver is always nice find, congrats!
It is very curious octagonal coin, and may well be as you say an art trench ... which gives more value to the Indian

All those are nice finds! Like the penny.