Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex battery life

C.J.M.

Has anyone tried to replace the battery on the simplex ? What dealer replaces them and how much is the charge?How long does the battery last on normal useage?Thank you--cjm45

How can the battery on the Simplex+ be bad and still under warranty? Nokta would replace it wouldn't they?

C.J.M.:
Has anyone tried to replace the battery on the simplex ? What dealer replaces them and how much is the charge? How long does the battery last on normal useage? Thank you--cjm

C.J.M., if I'm not mistaken ... YOU WORRY TOO MUCH !! The Simplex+ is a brand new detector and it's going to take a good while for a cared-for detector to have any issue that calls for a battery replacement. Just take it out and hunt all you can, and go until you run the built-in battery very low. Then charge it up, fully, and do it again and again and again. Soon you'll be having so much fun you won't even concern yourself with battery replacement.

I have a dozen detectors here in my den or out in my vehicle, and some will get grabbed for 'specialty' work, such as my CoRe and Relic for the really dense iron contaminated old sites I love to hunt, or some other models for tot-lots or for different needs. That said, right now I have enjoying the most fun using my Simplex+ ... and it will get a lot more use and be worked in more challenging sites once Nokta / Makro get some smaller-size accessory coils out for it. Soon, Please.

About the least thing to cross my mind at all is fussing about the battery or its replacement. When that time comes, long, long from now, I'll deal with it. In four days I'll watch the Super Bowl but I am not concerned if my power cord is going to fail and what it will take to replace it, and my vacuum keeps working but I am not concerned about the motor, and I have made daily and nightly use of the bathrooms in my home and haven't once lost sleep or paced around wondering if the tank's flush valves are going to stop working.. And ALL of those tools or devices are a lot older and have had far more use than my excellent Simplex+.

Just go detecting. And if you're too concerned about early battery failure and it is keeping your Simplex from getting used, then you might want to get a different detector that uses AA Alkaline or NiMH batteries and make me a killer deal on your likely not-used Simplex+. I could use a 2nd unit for friends and family who have seen my unit and what it can do.

Monte