Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex+ square insert at coil bolt?

u2robert

Just got my Simplex+
The coil has a square cut-out with an insert?
Instructions do not show this?
Is this just with the new coils?

Hi Rich. Yeah, I thought that was the idea too. But the DD coil provided doesn't seem to have any notch to lock the coil. Does anyone use the square piece?

Received 2 Simplex's Saturday. The one with wireless head phones had the square notch plug with normal rubber washers and plastic nut and bolt for the coil. The one without wireless head phones had the normal rubber washers and plastic nut and bolt for the coil. Not sure if square plastic notch is a advantage or disadvantage. TIP: Years ago I lost a nut on the coil to shaft mounting. Since then I always cut the bolt threads length wise to the bolt with wire cutters. The nut is stiffer to put on and take off but this prevents the nut from coming off and getting lost.

Nokta-Makro reply is this about the square washer: "The square washer works on some coils and not on others. Some of the newer coils use it. If yours doesn't, it's just extra." That washer comes in the KR40 hardware package, which is a separate replacement coil mounting package for the Anfibio, Invenio, Kruzer, and Impact. So, it appears it is just an extra piece for the Simplex since that coil does not use it.

The simplex coil does use it if you don't there is a big void there &
The nut can go off-center.

Attachments

• IMG_1628.JPG
    IMG_1628.JPG
    926.4 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_1626.JPG
    IMG_1626.JPG
    937.6 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_1627.JPG
    IMG_1627.JPG
    960.9 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    885 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1630.JPG
    IMG_1630.JPG
    810.3 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_1631.JPG
    IMG_1631.JPG
    747.9 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Hello all.... just read this post. Square washers were added to the Simplex coils in the latest production runs based on feedbacks - to make the tightening easier and to protect the coil ear from over tightning. Hope this helps.

The Simplex coil mount that I received (left/right side below) has no fitting or slot for the square washer to fit into, thus the question for its inclusion. Nokta, apparently there are two coil mount designs still out there, an older and newer ones. Would rather have had the newer coil design . . . the detector was purchased just a month ago. Any chance of an upgrade? Thanks. -- Johnnyanglo

nGpntPmvraL-gj19Qf5FQZe7FlxNUbqgVXmv4XsesCY1n9AIbY2dBqNksPrzxrjfytXVMc-f7Mt-bcGDEPYPuOAUBvp3BkGU1QE05XnYTgwQm8MJdklS3A4KGkfCwjIzleNTbZvCrA=w1920-h1080

NWUau5OTGYO95tUSEs0Fc8vm7_bEciQ-8d2JqWk5be3n3WO_1j4dV2s5RVaxgBcaVKVzCQX2fUkAYUf7E_76YCUcLItFl7WAwyC0dZKE9pL4OL-pW0EUEWaGEDR-cnynWTwKwqAscQ=w1920-h1080