Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex+ Target Volume

JaWi.

I am having some trouble hearing targets over 5-6 in. deep. I have the volume on the detector maxed at 4 bars . I feel anything deeper I'd really have to be listing or i'd probably miss it. My Vanquish 540 and Nox 800 have much better volume. Am I missing something with the Simplex with the wireless headphones?

I have the latest update on mine. I still feel the volume could be louder with the WHP. It's fine in quiet parks, etc, but a noisy environment can make tones hard to hear

I am having some trouble hearing targets over 5-6 in. deep. I have the volume on the detector maxed at 4 bars . I feel anything deeper I'd really have to be listing or i'd probably miss it. My Vanquish 540 and Nox 800 have much better volume. Am I missing something with the Simplex with the wireless headphones?
► Which software version are you using?
► Which search mode were you using?
► Did you use the bet sweep speed for the mode you were using?

With the original 2.68 software the 'Park' mode is the wimpiest performer, and it tends to perform a bit better with a brisker sweep-speed. If you are using the 2.76 or 2.77 software, that same mode is now 'Park 2' and it is still the weakest performer at depth and doe benefit from a faster sweep-speed. If you use the new 'Park 1' or either the 'Field' or 'Beach' modes with a proper sweep speed, you should enjoy better depth-of-detection and a louder audio response.

Hearing and Headphones: I'm hearing impaired so I have long been attentive to the headphones I use, and also the audio response provided by different make and model detectors. I have had the wireless headphones for the original Racer, the Racer 2, the Impact, the Multi-Kruzer and the Anfibio Multi. My Simplex + came w/o wireless headphones and that's just fine with be because, so far, I have not enjoyed using any of the different versions with any of the other models I mentioned. The headphone speaker impedance is too low, at about 32 ohms, and for me and my hearing the audio sounds kind of 'muffled' and not very loud or clear.

With my Simplex + I only use the built-in speaker, which I can hear better than the wireless headphones, or the adapter so I can use my corded headphones.. I can hear the audio just fine with the Minelab ML-80 headphones with an Equinox or Vanquish, and the wireless headphones for my XP ORX is also a louder and better audio report. But that's just me and my hearting ability. I have a few friends who use the wireless headphones with the Racer 2, Impact, Kruzer, Anfibio and Simplex + models and they enjoy the wireless headphones and are satisfied with the audio.

Monte