Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Small Coil Loosing Battery Charge

E-TREC-Virginia

In anyone having issues with their small coil loosing it's charge really quickly? I went out on a hunt and my small coil ran out of charge in about an hour. I went home and charged it and the next time I went out the coil was dead before I even started. It seems that the coil lost it's charge in the 4 or 5 days it sat after I charged it. The coil appears to be charging correctly as the white light comes on and stays on until it is fully charged and the charging cycle seems to be the right length. I'm charging it again and going out on a hunt as soon as the charging cycle ends and see what happens. Since the detector is less then a month old, I would assume that I would send the coil back to the dealer for a replacement if it's bad.

I intentionally ran mine completely down a cpl weeks ago, and it went 12 Hrs. Sounds like yours needs to go back!

Be sure your connected and see the charge light on. The coil cover can cause the connection to slip. Had it happen to me.

That is no that. Fully charged coil should last up to 15 hrs. Please check, if after a full charge you have 3 segments on a display. Most likely your coil is faulty and you should inform your dealer.

Terry(Mi) said:
I intentionally ran mine completely down a cpl weeks ago, and it went 12 Hrs. Sounds like yours needs to go back!

Mine has never gone that long. I think the most I've gotten out of it was about 6 hours.

woodchiphustler said:
Be sure your connected and see the charge light on. The coil cover can cause the connection to slip. Had it happen to me.

Thanks woodchiphustler. I noticed that on my first charge. Even though it can only go on one way, I had to play with it a little bit to get the white light to come on.

TheMarshall said:

Thanks Matt. That's not it. I've run it on 3 a couple times in non trashy areas, but the charge held for the entire hunt (at least 4 to 6 hours). The last time I went out, I was running at 2 and it went dead after about an hour.

Denar1 said:
That is no that. Fully charged coil should last up to 15 hrs. Please check, if after a full charge you have 3 segments on a display. Most likely your coil is faulty and you should inform your dealer.

Thanks Denar1. I'm going to check that now and see if it has a full charge. If the coil/battery is defective, I'm sure Richard a Backwoods Detectors will make it right for me. Oh well, that's why we have backups.

Well, I just turned it on and the control unit reflected a full charge. I'm not going to be able to get out for a couple of days, so I'll check then and see if it lost any of it's charge. Does anyone know what the normal battery loss is over a period of time (say a week)?

When I got the larger coil I ignored the small coil for 3 months...when I finally tried it I was surprised to see FULL charge.

My little coil at age 15 months still runs easily for 12+ hours as does my younger large coil (at age about 11 months. I've seen no reduction in run time. I'll pose the question on the UK forum for the guys who've had it 2+ years.

Regards, Joe (California)

Just out today with the small coil and had no problems with the charge. Hunted for around 4 hours and still read a full charge at the end. I'll see what happens this week. I'm thinking the charger may have slipped off on one of the charges and I did not realize it.

What happens when the batteries simply don't last that long between charges. This happens to recharables. 10 or 15 hours per charge this year, 5 the next year. Can you replace the batteries yourself or do you have to send it in to the company and if so what do they charge for this?

They should last up to 15 hours in the coil and up to 27 hours in remote and headphones in te first and in the second year. You can repleace them yourself but better to turn to someone who has done it before eg. serviceman, dealer.