Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Small nugget/picker hunting B.C.

undersc0re

I am in British Columbia, Canada. In the Ashcroft and Kamloops area more specifically. I have used the goldbug2 and atgold in these areas along bedrock and placer streams, even testing with my own pickers and nuggets in these areas. Those detectors did not pick anything up anywhere along the fraser river or thompson river or anywhere else there is gold, there is a ton of minerals and hotrocks there and I feel these 2 detectors could maybe pick something up 2-3 inches deep if I am real lucky and move slow, the goldbug 2 was completely messed up with all the hot ground.

I am wondering if anyone has used a minelab detector for this type of search in these areas, I was thinking the gpx4500 or 5000 would work much better, even the gpz7000. I do not want to buy one without knowing it would be much better in hot ground and hot bedrock type areas. Would these type of detectors pick up a 3 gram picker 6 inches deep or in bedrock cracks in hot ground?

Those detectors seem to do good on the aussie gold shows...

If I lived up there I would not get a $3000.00 to 8000.00 detector. I would buy a $2200.00 2" dredge and be in hog heaven. I know Steve that takes care of this forum used a MXT at Gains Creek Ak. and said it got gold to 1.0 gram. It dose good in some hot ground but don't know about your ground. Good luck finding a good detector for your ground.

No dredges allowed here lol.

Not your normal "swing" detector, but a Falcon MD 20 is great for crevice hunting and small niche spots like that...

That is bad, how about just a sluice box? Take a flat spoon and clean out those cracks. To me that would be faster than detecting, and then digging.

I had a pro pointer and even it would go off on lots of hot rocks and even the blackish slate granite bedrock that is everywhere, drove me absolutely nuts. I am looking more for a detector that I can stand up using that works well in hot areas and will pick up small gold nuggets further away than my vlf detectors did and not go as crazy in hot areas as they did.
I may be in dream land....I was hoping to pick up 2 or 3 gram pickers or even large flakes if that small of stuff is possible on a gpx or gpz type detector 6 inches away or even 10! Just feeling out my options, I am thinking maybe detectors are not a good option for me in this area especially since it is really only placer gold for the most part, although the fraser river here is well known for nuggets as well if there are any left.

sepoinak said:
Not your normal "swing" detector, but a Falcon MD 20 is great for crevice hunting and small niche spots like that...

How is it in very mineralized areas with hot rock of course?

I think the best machine for where your talking about is a sdc2300 easy to use, goes deep on small gold and Nugget Finder is about to release a 5x10 and 12" for the sdc2300 with center mounts for the coil.

Mxt Sniper said:
I think the best machine for where your talking about is a sdc2300 easy to use, goes deep on small gold and Nugget Finder is about to release a 5x10 and 12" for the sdc2300 with center mounts for the coil.

Where did you hear this news about the new coils? I can not believe how much that 19" coil for the gpz is...wow how do they justify that? Must be made of gold.