Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some more amazing (to me) info on the Gold Bug Pro...

sgoss66

Briefly ran through my new test garden today trying out a few different things, and re-verifying a few results from the other day. Still haven't watered the garden, so soil conditions haven't changed, but I wanted to re-verify some things, and try a few new things. Specifically, I wanted to check F70 VDI on deep coins, the Gold Bug Pro VDI on deep coins, Gold Bug Pro performance using the F70 5" DD coil, and F70 performance using the Gold Bug Pro 11" DD coil.

First, the less "amazing" part...

*** The F70 performed at least as well, if not a bit better, using the Gold Bug 11" DD coil, as with its own stock 10" concentric. It IDd coins much better in the 6" range, and marginally better in the 8" range; no better on the 10-12" coins. But, it wasn't worse either, on the 10 to 12" coins (depth-wise). I didn't test it in all-metals mode, but in disc mode, it still saw the 12" coins, no problem. Don't know if the performance was equal to what I would get with the F70/75 model 11" DD, or not, and don't know if its MAX depth would be the same as the F70's 10" stock coil or not (as I don't have any 16" coins buried!!!)...

Second, the rather "unusual," part...

*** The Gold Bug Pro performed SUBSTANTIALLY worse with the F70 5" DD coil, in disc mode, than it does with its own 11" DD in disc mode. It could barely see a 6" coin -- and then only the nickel and quarter (6" dimes and pennies were almost invisible).
Third, the "pretty amazing and surprising" part...

*** Still using the F70 5" DD on the Gold Bug Pro, but switching to all-metal mode, the Bug with the F70 5" DD performed VERY WELL! It performed as good in all metals mode, if not BETTER, than it does with its own 11" DD coil! It was DEFINITELY able to see deeper coins (again, in all-metals mode) with the 5" DD than the 11" DD can with the machine set in the not-as-deep DISC mode; but more impressively, it seemed AT LEAST as deep, if not deeper, than the 11" DD coil performs when ALSO used in all-metals mode. That's right -- the F70 5" DD may be DEEPER on the Gold Bug than the Gold Bug's OWN 11" DD coil, EVEN IN ALL-METALS MODE! With the 5" DD, I was hitting my 12" quarter and 12" nickel WITH EASE. It REALLY surprised me that the Gold Bug, using the f70 5" DD, was SUBSTANTIALLY worse in disc mode, but maybe BETTER in all metals mode, than the Gold Bug 11" DD. VERY strange results, IMO.

Finally, the "HIGHLY AMAZING" and most perhaps most straightforward and relevant part...

*** The Gold Bug Pro, using its own 11" DD coil, is HIGHLY accurate, from a VDI perspective (on coins). Remember from my other post that I can hit a 10" quarter in disc mode well, while the 12" is almost invisible -- not quite, but almost (and certainly not a clearly "diggable" target). (Side note -- in all-metal mode, in a "dig everything" mindset, you'd EASILY dig even the 12" quarter, just not in disc mode.) Anyway, back to disc mode, I am amazed that the Gold Bug will not only see, but will properly ID the 10" clad quarter (when I say "properly," I mean mostly in the 80s VDI -- not necesarily a specific "89" as the manual shows as being "quarter"). The MOST amazing thing though? On that "barely/only occasionally audible 12" quarter (in disc mode)?" If I DO get a hint of a signal on it, the VDI is IN THE 80s!! In other words, in my garden, -- at least on a clad quarter (need to check other coins in the garden -- was pressed for time), the Gold Bug Pro will give "proper" and "clearly diggable" VDI numbers them ALL THE WAY TO THE FRINGE OF ITS DISC MODE DEPTH CAPABILITY!

This is TOTALLY different from my F70, and thus, while the F70 is a BEAST on raw depth, from some perspectives the Gold Bug Pro has much more "usable" depth capability than the F70...

This machine CONTINUES to just amaze me...

Steve

Most that have the 1st generation F-75 could relate to your test with the F-70. I found that the F-70 is equal in all depth aspects of the orginal F-75. And the F-70 and F-75 can be ran at higher gain than the LTD's out now, I know, I've had them all..................MO

Thanks for the feedback, morelic. I continue to be amazed at the raw depth capability of the F70. Hitting a freshly-buried-in-my-test-garden 12" quarter, with 4-5" air gap using sL mode? You GOTTA be kidding me! I'm not sure my machine wouldn't run close to neck and neck with an F75 LTD running boost process...I am finding it to be SCARY deep!

Steve

I have had the exact same results with my G2 in my test garden. Near perfect ID on any target I can get a decent hit on. When hunting parks with the G2 I can really hone in to certain VDI numbers while searching for the elusive gold.

Digging at a park , i hit a 80 - 82 ID and dug to the 10 inch mark i hit a bell bell.
The type that had a wooden handle on it .
Out of the ground it was a solid 82.
I have mild soil and don't have a problem with my F75 having some swing in the ID at depth
Trying to hit one number out of 99 is no easy task. The GB does it as good as any or better.

How much easy-er is it will a machine with only 6 or 8 segments and grouping every thing
from a Wheat penny to a Silver dollar in one coin segment.

I noticed the same thing with my G2, I can get a deeper whisper of a hit but the ID numbers will be there, all the time.....

gmanlight -- I agree with you, I don't care if my machine can hit "one number out of 99." The Gold Bugs do REALLY well, but my F70 really stinks at it, at depth, calling stuff iron that is not. Might be my soil, but the Gold Bug doesn't have a problem...interesting.

Steve

the f70 can use the LTD and F75 coils and the G2 can use the omega coils you were trying the F70 coils on your gold bug?

Yes, Low-Boy, I know I was using "incompatible" coils; I just wanted to see what would happen. I tried F70 5" DD on the Gold Bug, and Gold Bug 11" DD on the F70.

But, the F70 with ITS 10" concentric coil and 5" DD coil, in my test garden, is, on all coins (6" and deeper), giving iron grunts and VDI of 13. The Gold Bug, using ITS 11" DD coil, is IDing (from a VDI perspective) ALL coins very, very well -- all the way to it's maximum depth capability. Results switching coils back and forth were, as I said above, mixed and inconsistent.

Steve