Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

some nice finds!

basstrackerman

i will post pics later. in about 1 hour found 4 indian head cents,4 wheat cents and a silver rosie with the G2, 11in coil, settings,disc 55,sens 100. all 4 of the indian heads were over 7 inches deep and gave good solid repeatable signals at 75 to 81 on the vid and sounds were soft but very much there. the wheat pennies were deep too but registered from 80 to 94 on vid and the rosie was about 5 in deep and blew my ears out. i thought it was aluminum! lol

Thanks for the report, nice finds !!!!:teknetics:#1

I agree with what you are saying about the deeper signals. The G2 hits so hard on shallow and surface targets that it make you forget to listen for the faint ones.
These faint ones will generally still lock on a good vdi. It is such a great feeling to hear that hard hit once you flip the dirt over and get it close to the coin again. Looking forward to pics. Thanks for posting.

Don
HH

Thanks for the reminder about indian heads, basstrackerman. I get "lazy" sometimes and don't dig the zincs, which usually ring in the high 70s. I ignored several upper 70s to 80,81 VDIs today; I was pressed for time, and didn't want to dig corroded zincs; I remember thinking a couple of times "now what in the world comes in at 80/81 VDI? Too high for zincs, too low for coppers/wheats/dimes...so I dug one, and got can slaw. Didn't dig any more of them. But I did dig a couple of wheats; wonder if I passed up a few indian heads?!

Nice day hunting, some good old coins, and silver is ALWAYS nice!

Steve

I'm 100% sure, if you miss one target then, you will miss more. Also a penny (Zinc or not) will mask a good find too. Just some helpful hint's. I cant wait for the pictures :thumbup: