Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some of the timings with DD coils?????

Jim Robertson

I just watch Unwrapping the GPX 5000. Great DVD but heard Bruce Candy say that the special timings like Fine Gold was not for DD coils. And the DVD seems to be all about Mono coil use. I know iron reject only works with the DD coil. I guess what I am getting at if you hunt with the DD coil and use iron reject do you just set Search Mode to General and Soil Timing to Normal. I have spent the last two years using many of the Soil Timings with the DD coils and have done OK. What have I been missing?

Thanks for the positive remarks about our DVD, Bruce is talking about optimal performance in mineralized soils using the Smooth class of timings which is really what the GPX series are all about, to that end the Smooth type timings in conjunction with a DD coil, of which Fine Gold is one such timing, do not lend themselves we'll for outright depth performance however this does not preclude their use.

If you require discrimination then a DD coil is the only option, however if the soils are mineralized then a smooth like timing will help, however keep in mind a DD coil in DD mode will deal somewhat with mineralization anyway due to the nulling of the two windings, so you are going to benefit in mineralization anyway, introducing a soil canceling timing such as FG as we'll can counteract the detectors overall performance.

I did a video blog on the Minelab web site were Steve H from this forum used the DD coils and discrimination in WA, it might pay for you to look it up.

Hope this helps,

JP

I been using Search Mode General and Soil Timing in Normal and at times go to Special and use Sen Extra. backing the Gain down to 8. This has worked either way. The soil is some of the hottest in the US. Thanks again for replying. I have purchased all of your DVDs all very good. Just wish I was digging gold and not relic's.

:ausflag:Hi just got in from detecting with a 16 n/f DD on a 4500 found 1 piece of gold .It was a old patch we had found many years ago , the reason for using a DD is that there are power lines running through the middle of it .the settings I used were cancel , audio quiet , gain 13, stabilizer 12 ,disc 4, and I found that I could crank the target volume up to 15.I was also using deep on the front switch and inverting the signal it was under a gram but was at about 5 inches might be worth a try all the best john