Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some ringtails and other nice drops

silversweeper

Here are my latest finds from a spot I've been hunting over the past few weeks. Am only able to get on the site after hours when it is not being used so my hunt times are usually not long. Included in one grouping is a small sterling ring I found, not old but still silver. What I seem to be finding on this site are small camp/tent areas where there are a few bullets dropped. When I find the first one I try to circle that area carefully and usually end up finding anywhere from 4 to 8 in the close vicinity. Unfortunately I believe the main part of the camp was destroyed and bulldozed when the large public building on the site was constructed many years ago. I hate to think what was lost! I think I am up to about 2 dozen bullets of various calibers so far, mainly Sharpes ringtails. Found a half dollar last week but it was a bicential dropped recently and not the 1800's coin I wish it were.

Nice bullets, got to be some other camp items nearby.. If they dropped bullets, they dropped just about anything else. :detecting:

Nice finds.. I ran into a similar site a few years ago that yielded many bullets and wondered what had been lost when nearby buildings were built next to the site.
The area of the finds made had been undisturbed for many years and was just being cleared to put up a building.. luckily the contractors allowed us to search site after work hours.
We found around 150 bullets there and they were all sharps .52 cal. rounds.
Keep hittin' that site and get all the goodies you can!!!

Nice finds. Love those ringtail sharps.... :clapping: Silver & Lead go together ! Good find on the half dollar also. cch.

Those are some good finds, Sweeper. Definetly on a good spot. To dig ringtails or .69's near Richmond, Va, we hafta cross the river to the north side. There, we occasionally dig them. Like i said, great digs, and keep on hittin' it!