Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some thoughts and finds with the Nel Superfly

Complete agreement regarding the Super Fly and the T2+ which I bought brand new just to do some comparisons with a lot of other detectors and coils in some depth tests. In my comparisons I found that coil provided very impressive performance when I had the t2 Plus in the BP mode.

I also noticed a slight difference in the coin depth readout that was not as much as you suggested. More like 1 to 2 in difference. I did check to make sure I had not change the pinpoint sensitivity because sometimes that can cause a difference. Did you check your pinpoint sensitivity setting?

I've never been a fan of the 11 inch standard coil but the superfly is definitely a much better feeling and much better performing coil in my opinion also.

Monte

That’s a good point. I never thought of the pinpoint sensitivity. I can’t even remember how to adjust it. I’ll have to check the manual.
The Superfly seems to have only modest gains in depth over the stock coil when using the 2-3-4 tone modes, when testing in the garden. It hits the deeper targets with more confidence I guess you’d say. Where it comes to life in a big big way is in BP. It’s incredibly stable, tight, and it likely adds a solid 3-4” to the stock coil depth in my soil. It really should open up some of the deep non repeatable targets I come across in the woods. My 10” silver quarter is tough to get at 85 sens in BP using the stock coil. With the Superfly, it can be easily attained at 60 sens. A fantastic addition to the T2. Probably very very good for deep coins on the F75, since BP can be used over the tone modes. I love it, we are talking top dog depth I believe. The way it acts in my garden, with BP, it’s the strongest machine I’ve used. Comparing it to the NOX, it’s deeper and more clear in BP on the 8” silver dime, the 10” quarter, and the 12” bullet. Amazing. So far, I’ve used 4 machines that can hit all the targets: t2, Nox, Anfibio, simplex. And those machines all have a stock round 11” DD. A luxury the t2 never had.
Fun side note for you Monte. I read some posts of yours about using the 7” Fisher concentric on the Omega, so I got one for cheap for the 8500. I can get it to hit the 8” silver dime and 9” wheat penny in DEEP 1 or 3, D5 tones, at 75 sens. I was pretty amazed. It would be a tough signal to get in the wild though. Reports every other swing basically. I really want to like the 8500 but I don’t trust it yet. That’s how I gauge my love for a detector. How much can I trust it.

Last edited:
That’s a good point. I never thought of the pinpoint sensitivity. I can’t even remember how to adjust it. I’ll have to check the manual.
The Superfly seems to have only modest gains in depth over the stock coil when using the 2-3-4 tone modes, when testing in the garden. It hits the deeper targets with more confidence I guess you’d say. Where it comes to life in a big big way is in BP. It’s incredibly stable, tight, and it likely adds a solid 3-4” to the stock coil depth in my soil. It really should open up some of the deep non repeatable targets I come across in the woods. My 10” silver quarter is tough to get at 85 sens in BP using the stock coil. With the Superfly, it can be easily attained at 60 sens. A fantastic addition to the T2. Probably very very good for deep coins on the F75, since BP can be used over the tone modes. I love it, we are talking top dog depth I believe. The way it acts in my garden, with BP, it’s the strongest machine I’ve used. Comparing it to the NOX, it’s deeper and more clear in BP on the 8” silver dime, the 10” quarter, and the 12” bullet. Amazing. So far, I’ve used 4 machines that can hit all the targets: t2, Nox, Anfibio, simplex. And those machines all have a stock round 11” DD. A luxury the t2 never had.
Fun side note for you Monte. I read some posts of yours about using the 7” Fisher concentric on the Omega, so I got one for cheap for the 8500. I can get it to hit the 8” silver dime and 9” wheat penny in DEEP 1 or 3, D5 tones, at 75 sens. I was pretty amazed. It would be a tough signal to get in the wild though. Reports every other swing basically. I really want to like the 8500 but I don’t trust it yet. That’s how I gauge my love for a detector. How much can I trust it.
T2+ Pinpoint Sensitivity Adjustment: Turn On ... Press Pinpoint button and Hold ... Adjust 'Settings' knob Up or Down to desired setting. Default is '60.'

Yes, the Super Fly is very stable, and at its best in pB mode.

Coils: I liked the Omega 8000 V4. Kind of liked the V5 and V6. Didn't like, and s till don't like, the Omega 8500. However, the 8500 came with the 11" BiAxial coils that i don't care for and I never took it out hunting with an optional coil. I got a V4 8000 with a 7" coil. Bought another Omega 8000 V6 and ordered another 7" coil. Bought a Fisher F44 with a 7" coil instead of any of the various offerings. Comparing side-by-side and a couple of hunts, the F44 w/7" kind of out-performed the Omega w/7". Just a wee bit, but enough for me to tell, and like you, I always judge a detector and coil on how they perform for me and where I am hunting. 'Trust' as you call it.

I sold the Omegas and F44 this past spring and summer, but kept one brand new 7" Concentric in my Accessory Coil Tote just in case. When I saw the excellent price o a brand new Fisher F5 at metaldetector dot com I was interested in getting one ... and very ready to mount that round 7" Concentric coil on it. Now I can take advantage of what the 7.8 kHz F5 can do for me at various sites along with the other models that are staying in my Daily-Use Team of detectors.

Monte

T2+ Pinpoint Sensitivity Adjustment: Turn On ... Press Pinpoint button and Hold ... Adjust 'Settings' knob Up or Down to desired setting. Default is '60.'

Coils: I liked the Omega 8000 V4. Kind of liked the V5 and V6. Didn't like, and s till don't like, the Omega 8500. However, the 8500 came with the 11" BiAxial coils that i don't care for and I never took it out hunting with an optional coil. I got a V4 8000 with a 7" coil. Bought another Omega 8000 V6 and ordered another 7" coil. Bought a Fisher F44 with a 7" coil instead of any of the various offerings. Comparing side-by-side and a couple of hunts, the F44 w/7" kind of out-performed the Omega w/7". Just a wee bit, but enough for me to tell, and like you, I always judge a detector and coil on how they perform for me and where I am hunting. 'Trust' as you call it.

I sold the Omegas and F44 this past spring and summer, but kept one brand new 7" Concentric in my Accessory Coil Tote just in case. When I saw the excellent price o a brand new Fisher F5 at metaldetector dot com I was interested in getting one ... and very ready to mount that round 7" Concentric coil on it. Now I can take advantage of what the 7.8 kHz F5 can do for me at various sites along with the other models that are staying in my Daily-Use Team of detectors.

Monte
The text is white... I can’t read it!

The text is white... I can’t read it!
Sorry about that. Somehow my computer changed over to 'Dimension dark' for the background. I hope this helped.

Monte

Got it! Thanks! Never tried the moon icon before
I never heard of it before, and must have you're only tapped it well half awake or half-asleep. But I fixed it before I put the reply.

Iowa Relic, did adjusting the pinpoint sensitivity make any difference for you?

Monte

I never heard of it before, and must have you're only tapped it well half awake or half-asleep. But I fixed it before I put the reply.

Iowa Relic, did adjusting the pinpoint sensitivity make any difference for you?

Monte
I’ve been working today. I plan to get out this weekend and hunt the woods with it. I will mess with it then.