Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

someone answer one question for me

A

Anonymous

Im still hunting on the factory settings for coins. Is there any tweeking i can do to for better tuning. And the big question, should i just go for targets that ring when i swipe both ways over the target.

Well Jeff, I don't know what machine you are using, so I'm not going to go into tweaking, but coins do NOT always belltone both ways. Two days ago I dug a wheatie with my 1500 that didn't belltone at all, but it read a steady "7" on my meter and read right for size. If I only dug belltones I'd leave alot of coins in the ground.
Best Regards,
Skillet

Yeah and a lot of coins on edge will only ring one way as will some corroded coins.
Bill

Yes, use headphones and turn the threshold down and sensitivity up.If the detector becomes unstable set sensitivity back a little.
Make sure the coil cable can't move over the coil.
I use tape to secure it on the lower rod.
If you hunt around old houses get the 4.5 " coil for better target separation.
Andy