Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Something about earphones and

A

Anonymous

I was trying different setting as far as sensitivity and volume trying to bring out the various tones with my sov.
I have come up with a combo of settings between the earphones volume control and the volume control on the gt that really gave the tones a much better or cleaner sound for the different object being swung over.
At first I figured I need either the sov or the phones up full volume to hear whats going on. I was swinging over two different pulltabs about a foot apart on the ground and with the volume full up on phones and at 3 oclock on detector control I the tabs came in very close almost indistinguishable between them I started to reduce the volume on the phones and kept swinging test and all of a sudden after further reducing ( tweaking ) adjustments I got a sort of not loud any more but a type of distortion but different sound between the tabs I reduced ever so slightly more and I obtained a very new distinguishable sound for each tab. At this phone control setting other targets took on much better different and clear sounds, the sound of a nickel so very much clearer then with the volume on the phones up high. I tried this with another set of phones and again varying the control off the highest set point got me more clearer signals. I tried different settings on the detector but not such noticable difference as with the phones. Killer Bee
and Calrads. It seems at the highest setting the phones are not as senstitive to tone differences or changes and are over driven to get the loudness. I also noticed that I can also hear changes in signal strength at farther distances from the targets. The treshold very minute change can be heard better with the reduced phone settings with both sets of phones.
May others have already noticed this , but thought I would mention as a way of saying , as a newbie I am practicing every thing to get a handle on this sov.
HH
Dan R.

Try this and set your volume on the headphones to a comfortable level. Everyones hearing is a little differnt and they may notice a change at a differnt setting.
The reason for the volume to be maxed on the detector is i was told years ago and you will see this too, the volume control on the Sovereign is for the target volume only, not the threshold volume, so for those deep signals you need the target volume high as it will go, but yet set the volume control on the headphone to be a comfortable level, or where you can hear the best tone changes. Try it and see what you think.
Rick