Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sony SC70 camera

A

Anonymous

A couple months ago I purchased my 3rd digital camera in the past 5 years - upgrading as the technology enhanced each generation of DC. I started with a simple AGFA E308 - point and shot, fully automatic DC My second camera was a Mavica 7 which was also fully automatic, had an LCD ( 2" x 2" ) that was used both to view the object as you took the picture and too review the pictures once you had taken them. The camera captured 40+ low resolution .jpg images on 3.5 floppy disk. After seeing pictures of some fountain pens a friend took with his Sony Cyber Shot , I started to look at upgrading - I sold my Mavica and purchased a SONY DSC-S70 camera. The S70 has a regular optical view finder as well as the LCD screen to view picture. The camera is fully automatic as well as manual in some respects like a regular 35mm with the ability to adjust settings.
The 3 main selling points that made me decide on this model were 1. the ability to capture images in various resolutions 2. the lens is a Carl Zeiss and 3. photos are stored on memory sticks ( 8mb to 64MB sizes ) - the sticks are the size of a piece of gum ( unchewed ) and on a 8MB you an fit over 100 low resolution images. The images are transferred from the camera to the PC/MAC via a USB connection or Sony sells a 3.5" floppy that you can insert the memory stick into and then place that into the 3.5" drive on you computer. Sony currently leads the market share in DC camera sales. My second choice would be a Canon Coolpix 990 DC.
Camera reviews, specs and other info can be found at: www.steves-digicams.com and www.dpreview.com. I could go on and on about DC's but this should be enough to get people started - any questions anyone can e mail me back channel. Make sure you shop around as prices change weekly as newer models are released.
Approximately number of pictures on a 64 MB memory stick
2048x1536 - 48
1600x1200 - 64
1280x960 - 96
640x480 - 920
Here is the first picture I took with the SC70 - right out of the box !
http://www.gulftel.com/gnoza/butter2.jpg