Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Soooo what happened to the NEL coils?

Treasurechic

December is long gone and still no word on the NEL coils. I don't understand what is taking so long and why no updates? That's just bad business when you leave your customers in the dark. Detech already has been selling a larger coil for months, too bad they didn't take on the smaller coil. Cellar hole season is here in N.H. as the fields are growing for hay or being planted. A nice little 5" coil would be perfect! Ughhh to you NEL

December is long gone and still no word on the NEL coils. I don't understand what is taking so long and why no updates? That's just bad business when you leave your customers in the dark. Detech already has been selling a larger coil for months, too bad they didn't take on the smaller coil. Cellar hole season is here in N.H. as the fields are growing for hay or being planted. A nice little 5" coil would be perfect! Ughhh to you NEL
I completely agree, a good smaller coil is a 'must-have' in my book, and sadly Nokta / Makro made a good detector at a very good 12 kHz frequency, then took way too long to produce two mid-sized coils .... then stated there would be no more, and specifically no 5" or other smaller coils. Sad, Sad news.

NEL announced coils for the Garrett Apex and then for the Nokta / Makro Simplex +. I have their 5" 'Sharp' coil for the Apex and it works, but the VDI read-outs are a little off on all three of my Apex devices. It was an early, almost prototype coil the owner sent me. Works great so far as audible response in trash, just slightly off, a little lower, in the VDI reports.

I communicated with Dilek regarding a smaller coil fo the Simplex + and when she told me they were not making anything smaller than the 5X9½, which is all I use on my Simplex +, she also told me that NEL probably wouldn't make any coils because they (Nokta / Makro) had not provided them any of the coil chip cod information. It was only provided to Detech and only to make their 13" Ultimate coil.

I sent an e-mail weeks, maybe months, ago to NEL to find out if there was any progress on Simplex + smaller coils, but have not received any response. I was, and am, hoping there has been communication and NEL can provide us with what we want. I'll e-mail again today.

Monte

Guys, I only have about 4 hours (this morning) in with the S P 24 coil for the Simplex, but it is great, in my limited experience with it, for separation and has the most precise pin point I've encountered with that size coil. I was digging baseball size plugs down to 5" and the coin (or crushed bottle cap) was usually dead center. Its far better, again in my opinion, then the NEL Sharpshooter coils I've had for three other detectors. And, has the earmarks of getting decent depth. Just my 2 cents, anyway. HH jim tn

Guys, I only have about 4 hours (this morning) in with the S P 24 coil for the Simplex, but it is great, in my limited experience with it, for separation and has the most precise pin point I've encountered with that size coil. I was digging baseball size plugs down to 5" and the coin (or crushed bottle cap) was usually dead center. Its far better, again in my opinion, then the NEL Sharpshooter coils I've had for three other detectors. And, has the earmarks of getting decent depth. Just my 2 cents, anyway. HH jim tn
No argument, Jim, about the N / M 5X9½ DD for the Simplex +. It impressed me immediately and it is the ONLY coil that I am using on my Simplex +. I do with there was a 'good' 5" coil available for that model to help take on the nastiest Iron Nail challenges Relic Hunting places I enjoy hunting. It might help improve my odds slightly. But for all sorts of 'general purpose' Coin Hunting, he Simplex + & SP24 5X9½ DD are a terrific combo. :thumbup:

Monte

Sadly it sounds like NEL jumped the gun on saying they were producing some coils for the Simplex. And it's sad that Nokta Makro won't help them get anything done sooner.