Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sound of metal detector in action

jeankes

Hi everyone,

got a bit of an odd question.
I'm looking for the sound a metaldetector makes in action (>scanning for and finding a metal object)
If some of you would happen to have an mp3 around with this kind of sound, you'd make me very happy, if you could email it to me....

I'm a sound engineer doing some sounddesign on a low budget movie....

kind regards!

Jan

pollet.jan@gmail.com

Hi, Jan. The sounds are as varied as the detectors. When I say sounds, I mean tones. Some give various tones depending on the type of metal of the object detected and the mode in which the detector is being operated in. The common denominator is that they will all give you an increase in sound of desireable targets as the search coil is passed over the target. If I were you I would check to see if there is a club in your area and call them. I'm sure they would be happy to assist you with a hands on demonstration. If no clubs, check the yellow pages and see if there is a dealer in the area. They would probably be just as happy to help you. Best of luck.
Jerry

Hi jerry,

thanx for the quick reply. I've been "constructing" a sound of what I would think sounds like a metal detector picking up something. It doesn't sound bad and is credible to people who haven't heard a metaldetector yet. (beep-like)
I've been looking for a club/dealer, but the project is due on monday....
I'll see what the forum will provide , and otherwise, I'll use what I made. Thanx for the info!

Jan