Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Soverign Elite Meter

A

Anonymous

Hey guys......can someone tell me if the meter on the Elite is waterproof. I know the coil is and I have a bag for the control box. How about the meter? Logically I am thinking no but I wanted to check because I am gonna be doing some rain hunting this weekend.

Joseph, I am new to this sport and I own an Elite. On the second day I owned it, I went hunting in the pouring rain. I took a large, clear, plastic bag and cut the bottom off, snaked my handle through the bag and used tight rubber bands on the open ends against the shaft. It was a major "COBJOB", but it got me through the day! Just A thought!
Good Luck With Your Hunt!
Gene

the meter isnt waterproof...I went out yesterday in the rain and hunted..I slipped one of theose neoprene knee braces over the control box..and another one I sliced a bit and put over the meter and probe..stayed nice and dry...also I have heard tale of a ziplock bag being adequate...just try to keep it dry and if its really pouring then make sure its covered good....I think the knee brace thing worked good,,,its like that wetsuit material it kept it super dry and clean...hopefully the rain lets up a bit...

tHanks Adam. Sorry you cna't make it this weekend. I'll send you pics of all those Barbers I find;)

Not waterproof as the others have said. I used rope caulking around the plastic face of mine. That seems to be the only place for water to enter.
dom