Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

soverign xs-2 question

A

Anonymous

i'm not too familiar with the sov. but i'm looking at buying one.detector is about 4 years old.does it have tone id?i'm a explorer/dfx guy so i can't live without tone id.any other "what to look for"tips appreciated too.what's it worth? thanks

57 people viewed my post but not one opinion?can i have just one"i don't know"?hehe

Hi Jim.
The Sov has tone ID. It sounds different than the Explorer, something youll have to experiment with and learn.
What model sov are you looking at and what coil and accessories does it come with and what is the overall condition?
Sovs are very durable, all of mine are about 10yrs old or so and work perfectly.
They are great on the beach, in fact they are very similiar to your Explorer minus the adjustability and the fact you can hipmount them easily, making them a more enjoyable detector to swing.
Neil

Jim,
Some of us just take a quick look at some of the post and have time to respond right away, some dont, some like to give it some though before saying anything and then there is some that just like to keep informed on what is happening and some of the question and answers there is.
Anyway the Sovereign has to me a better tone ID as you know you went over a target and sometimes I feel it even sees more targets than the Explorer as the tone is nulling or changing more than the Explorer does, or what I can hear. The Sovereign if it is 4 years old will have the tone ID like all of the Sovereign, that is unless someone has opened it up and tinkered with it. If it is a XS2a they had a switch too to make it a single tone on the face of the control panel too, so make sure it is set to multi tone. It is important before you buy to see if the control box was opened up and tinkered with. I think if you can get one with a 180 meter mod you will like it better than the 550 numbers for IDing and also for learning the detector and its tones.
Rick

it has a hipmount bag and the 8"coil,headphones.shows signs of use.