Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Starting the day right with GOLD!

cometguy

I was contacted by an family friend today to see if I could be hired to look for a lost ring. I told her lost rings are free searches and got the details. At least I thought I got the details. The basic story, her father was working along the ditch with his wheel barrow when he tried to dump it and took a tumble into the muddy ditch. It was during a spell of flash flooding so there was a lot of water. I grabbed the Deus and headed a short distance into the country. I was warned that the family with a metal detector had searched the ditch inch by inch the day before.
When I arrived I was in for a shock. The ditch wasn't the gentle one along the road but a steep sided and very deep one behind the house. When the poor guy flipped over the wheel barrow he bounced 15 or 20 feet down a steep bank and into three feet of rushing water. Fighting to get out, clawing at the bank, he lost a very valuable and sentimental ring. I hunted all of the easy stuff, the yard, the gentle part of the slope and found nothing. I didn't have any boots with me but decided to see if I could find a small piece of solid ground in the creek. I slid down the bank on my backside and manged to perch on a small spot of ground. There was literally piles of mud surrounding me and the creek was a foot or more deep.
I literally turned around, looked back up the bank, and took one swing with the Deus and BINGO! I moved some weeds, pulled up some dead grass and had the ring in my hand. 24 kt, big diamond and a huge story. The man had the ring made with the diamond of his engagement ring to a girl who passed away before the wedding. Needless to say I loved dropping this back into his hands. Look how he holds it in the photo. It is truly near and dear to his heart. One of my best finds if I do say so myself.

Don
HH

Don

You made his day for sure . . . that's what this hobby is all about! Great job and congratulations on finding what he assumed was lost forever.

Andy

That's the greatest feeling a guy or gal can have in this hobby! The look on their face is priceless!:clapping:

This is the kind of story that makes me want to go out there right now. Great job!

Wow that's a great story !! Congrats on the awesome return of the sentimental ring. I know it gave you great satisfaction to return the ring especially after having to get down in that creek.