Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Step up regulated system

Grubstake

Hey DOC, how about a report or two on that Detak regulated steped up system. I've been interested, but would like to know how they do in the field. Grubstake

Hi Grubstake !

I already answered this question on Rob's forum for you. As I saw it posted there first and Rob asked me to respond.

Thanks!

DOC

Well Doc, Rob has one on the way to me, I told him, since there were no reports, I would post one as soonas I have had a chance to use it in the field. It will be honest, good or bad. so people can choose a system to fit there needs. the good part, is I already had 5 6 volt 12 ah batteries, so I don't have to have batteries or switch to the larger 12 volt. I hope its works good, sounds good on paper. Thanks Grubstake

You're going to like it alot, I predict! If not all you have to do is send it back. I have found that these regulated systems really smoothe out the performance on these detectors.

I know I am finding more gold with them, and I simply do not use a Minelab, whether it be my SD2200 or GP without using either a 7.3 or 6.7 regulated system.

I'm anxious to hear your report.

DOC

DOC, you count on it, it will be honest and unbiaest. I'm looking forward to the system, the reson I want to post a report, is no one evr has, and I think people with the SDs should have another option, I have 5 6 volt batteries, and would like to be able to use my existing batteries, with out carrieing the heavy 12 volts. I'm hoping the step-up system, will help smooth out the threshold of the 2200, and make it more sencitive to small gold. As soon as I have a chance to give it a try, I will post my opinion here and on Robs forum. Take care Grubstake

Well I got a chance to go detecting for a bit today, I tried out the STEP-Up regulated system I got from ROB ALLISON, its Docs Ideal. It works great, smooths the threshold right out, increases sensitivity, and a small increase in depth. Its a lite system, you can use your existing 6 volt batteries and battery drain is minamal. Its a great alturnitve system, and the price is low compared to other systems. Good going DOC. Grubstake

Those are pictures of my patch, here in Mariposa. Taken about where I found the last 4.5 DWT nugget. I also have a picture of the switch I put on my handle, to switch from fixed to tracking just like the 3500s do. Its really a no brainer to do. This time of year, my patch is like a jungle, but in the brush and trees is where the nuggets are. Lots of poison oak. Grubstake