Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stock coil recovery speed test with three small coins

Finder82

Recovery speed test for you guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O7OrOZcWgg

NIce video! Thanks for posting it.

It would be interesting to see some similar tests with closely
spaced junk targets (pull tabs, bottle caps, nails) near the coins.

Sure thing. I will test pulltabs, nails and bottlecaps in similar way.

Two coins and one pulltab:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWghIDKXBvg
Three beeps in the three tone mode, so the machine seems to be reacting to the pulltab. Cannot see the Id number in the video, but the id number for the pulltab was about 64.

Any chance of doing the last one with a pulltab in 2 tone? Good job. Dedicated to be going out in the cold like that.

Thanks for the second video. That's very interesting. As I've noticed
in other videos, you need to listen to the sounds carefully when there
are multiple objects near each other. The numeric display may not
show everything.

If you decide you want to try out any other combinations of objects and
settings on the Racer, I'd like to watch any videos you make.
I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Racer.

TabWhisperer said:
Any chance of doing the last one with a pull tab in 2 tone? Good job. Dedicated to be going out in the cold like that.

I bet it cant, Di2 has VCO audio and has an effect on the sound produced. I tried it with my fors and the VCO over rides the multiple targets and makes them one. In Di3 the fors will blow away the racer as far as recovery speed. I'm going to try up load a video proving this. If I can do it this would be the first video I ever made my son is home so I might just be able to make this happen.

If you are hunting in all kinds of trash DI3 is unreal and will hit anything you wave the coil over. In a normal detecting scenario it will sift the soil really. The open audio stream is very telling............

shoover said:
TabWhisperer said:
Any chance of doing the last one with a pull tab in 2 tone? Good job. Dedicated to be going out in the cold like that.

I bet it cant, Di2 has VCO audio and has an effect on the sound produced. I tried it with my fors and the VCO over rides the multiple targets and makes them one. In Di3 the fors will blow away the racer as far as recovery speed. I'm going to try up load a video proving this. If I can do it this would be the first video I ever made my son is home so I might just be able to make this happen.

Two tones does seems to slower to recover than three tones and the 1cm spacing will start to blent the coins together. About 2-3cm spacing are enough for the Two tones to produce separate beeps on every coin.

Good feedback. I am curious to try the small coil in a similar test. I just heard today the shipments may be delayed a few weeks. Not sure what is getting done but I am okay with the delay considering they are only trying to make things the best possible.

Here is a video about the small coil recovery speed with the three small coins:
http://youtu.be/GjVxyvEFppY

Two tone mode was a bit faster to separate with the small coil. Three tone mode is still quite a bit faster, than two tone mode. Also seems that you should not swing too fast with the small coil, as moderate swinging speed seems to be the ticket.

I dont think the stock coil should be able to separate faster than the small coil, as you could hear three separate beebs with the stock coil, when the coins where 1cm apart from one another. I think some kind of DD coil edge detection is going on with the stock coil in the previous test.

This detector is sure easy to saturate, as you cannot put the coil too close to the coins without saturation alerts..so it seems to be a very sensitive detector.

That is surprising, that the larger (stock) coil seemed to show better separation than the small coil.
I would expect the reverse. Maybe you're right about edge detection with the large coil,
but I would still expect some difference in the sound with the small coil to help the user tell
what's happening. On the video, the small coil seemed to show a single sound only.

Maybe someone can tell us that some setting needs to be changed to cause the small coil to give
at least a little separation in the sound. Or is this lack of separation inevitable when the
coins give the same signal? If the outer two coins are copper and the inner coin is silver,
maybe the result is different. (I could not tell the composition of the coins from the video.)

Composition of the coins are: two are made from aluminium and one is made from copper.

The VCO tone is so fast, that you have to really listen to the tone to hear the separate VCO sounds.

TallTom said:
On the video, the small coil seemed to show a single sound only.

Or is this lack of separation inevitable when the
coins give the same signal?

In the video with the small coil, you can hear a single beebs when i swinged too fast with the three tone mode, but there is also the three beebs present,when i slowed down the swinging speed.

Maybe this nail and coin video is better to show the difference between tones, than the same tone giving three coins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GBY6Muw0Xk

I agreee. It's necessary to see and hear several different tests, using different mixes
of targets in order to begin to understand how the Racer reacts in various
situations. Good work! Thanks.

Iron nails above coin test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a94C3lpKUDA
Detector passed the test with flying colors. Id numbers is not to be trusted, the tone will tell all you need to know.:detecting: