Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

stoneware finds from 30 years ago

bootyhoundpa

some 30 years ago I used to do a lot of dump digging... I thought I would share some pics of the better stoneware finds I made... 1st is a black glaze on redware ladys spittoon - found in a 1930s dump.....[attachment 280703 IMG_1211640x480.jpg] 2nd is a spongeware spittoon from the same dump..as a matter of fact I believe I dug both of these up the same day..[attachment 280704 IMG_1212640x480.jpg] and lastly is a flow blue 1858 salt glaze spittoon dug in an 1880s dump..[attachment 280705 IMG_1213640x480.jpg][attachment 280706 IMG_1214640x480.jpg][attachment 280707 IMG_1215640x480.jpg] this 1858 spittoon was not quite whole .. I found one small piece that had to be glued back in place and there was another small piece that I never did find so I filled in the missing piece with auto body bondo and blended with paint and powder....the repair was made along the very top rim but blended in so well that its very hard to tell... my dump digging days are long over but I did manage many cool finds... happy hunting all.... bootyhound..

amazing sitoon find

I am still a digger started about 35 years ago, very nice spitoons, I have found found a few in my years of digging in Massachusetts. New digging spots are very few and far between so I don't get out as much as I did in my earlier years. I appreciate the posted pics and know how much work can go into a dig. Merry Christmas and have a Blessed and Healthy New Year !! Ron

Thanks ron, I gave up dump digging back in tbe late 1980s..most of the best digging spots were in dumps filled with coal ash.which affected my bfeathing ..thats why I love detecting so much, you can still find cool things and dont have to dig a 10 foot hole to retrieve the target... I wish you a merry christmas and happy healthy new year as well...good luck out there..dave