Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stop The Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation from banning the recreation of metal detecting on coastal beaches! :ban:

John-Edmonton

Staff member
Please see the link below and sign!

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/commissioner-jack-murray.fb61?source=s.icn.fb&r_by=10393011

Is there anything that Government isn't into now days besides smaller Government

What happened with this? From what I read on the petition website......

"Massachusetts coastal beaches have been available for recreational metal detecting for as long as I can remember. Recently I was approached by a DCR Ranger and advised that metal detecting will no longer be allowed on State Beaches and come July 1, 2014 citizens will start being ticketed if found to be metal detecting on a Massachusetts State Beach.

I do not see why this form of recreation should be taken away from the citizens that enjoy metal detecting. There are thousands of us that enjoy the hobby and follow strict guidelines and a code of conduct when it comes to metal detecting. We remove any trash that we find on the beaches and we conduct ourselves in a respectable manner. In fact there have been sponsored events conducted by metal detecting vendors on Massachusetts beaches that have been enjoyed by many children and adults of this state. I personally don't know of any incident involving a metal detectorist that would give cause to ban detecting from beaches. As a matter of fact, I only know of metal detectorists helping others by returning lost jewelry and other items that they have found while detecting.

We urge you to continue to allow the popular recreational activity of metal detecting on Massachusetts State Beaches.

That's why I signed a petition to Jack Murray, DCR Commissioner, which says:

"Stop The Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation from banning the recreation of metal detecting on coastal beaches!"

Will you sign the petition too? Click here to add your name:

Thanks!"

.......It appears that it is a little too late to do anything about it??

Edit: Oops! Didn't realize that this post was made in April......

This is over, no banning, the regulations were being combined and did not allow for detecting.
They are being changed back to meet the original documents.
I had NO problem at DCR parks this year. Except for the ones closed because of the Blue-Green algae...bummer.
Thanks to all that helped bring this issue to light and got it corrected.