Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Straight Shaft mod Suggestions needed...

Diggin-it

I just purchased the large coil and am looking to mount it on a straight shaft instead of the stock shaft. Anyone have any suggestions of aftermarket straight shafts that the XP Deus coils will mount with with little or no modifying of the shaft?

Hello diggin-it the cost of building one with brand new gear you don't have to go with the 3 pc like i did but i travel and it will work out great ...for the
3-piece Travel Shaft for Minelab Excalibur is $105.00 + $14.95 shipping
1 pc straight shaft 79,00 + the same s&h
1 pc straight shaft with lower rod not minelab one $104.00 + same as above
1 lower minelab excal rod $42.00 + s&h ?
1 xp clip from middle rod for control box i will post a price on this when i pick up a new one
it takes about 1/2 hour to do first dremel the coil connection on shaft where bolt fits take about a 1/8 or so off then on the handle mine already had a 1/2 wooden dowel inside it if you don't have one put one.then take the control clip and tape to the top of the handle get it centered i used a #14 x 2 inch sheet metal screw and tap with a little smaller drill bit first go a hair closer to the connector then the middle or just where the head of the screw will touches the back of the connector that's after you retap the hole with the next size drill bit up.put screw in just tight enough so you can move the clip to where you want your control box then tighten.good. I know there is better ways to do this i'am no bob the builder and no writer or typer sorry if it's not understandable but anyways..this is what i did to it today as you can tell i was bored out of my skull i covered the clip with that clay stuff called steel you mix together and it hardens like rock put a padded tennis grip on it and last some $5.00 fancy pinstripeing from pep boys :crazy::lmfao:

Thanks Don. So I'm looking for an Excalibur shaft or atleast lower shaft for the mod then... If you get a chance can you take a close-up picture of the area that you are talking about having to shave approx. 1/8" off of....not picturing it in my head. Also, with removing 1/8" which could be fairly significant, did it weaken that area of the shaft?

what i did is dremeled a little bit then tested it to the coil i know i did not take a lot off say a 1/16 on each side doing it that way would your best bet hth don